We've both moved on and we're still friends. But is he purposely avoiding me?

I was good friends with this guy until a few months ago when things took a romantic turn between us and we started seeing each other as potential love interest. We didn't date feverishly but we did talk a lot and flirted often, although when we were platonic friends we connected very well too. We've slept together three times and I think he wished there could be stronger romantic feelings there but he just didn't feel much toward me. So all that lasted about a few months.

We never defined that we were dating and seems like the friendship was still the prevailing factor there. So now we're both branching out and dating other people, it just seems like the "thing" between us came to an end. I know he never felt that strongly about me but now we never talk like we used to anymore, even compared to how everything was before the last few months. He used to be so quick to share his daily life or thoughts and emotions with me and now he appears to be distant. I know he's been pretty into the couple of girls he's been seeing lately so I'm sure that's a huge distraction but I do wonder if he's purposely avoiding me or just don't think about me anymore. I'm not distraught or anything but I thought even things didn't work out between us, at least we can still be good friends and share all those thoughts and good laughs like we used to.

01