inspired by this question:
www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1349626-do-guy-s-like-girls-that-can-cook-really-well
  • I can cook, but I rather not.
    Vote A
  • I love to cook/bake/barbecue.
    Vote B
  • I love barbecuing only.
    Vote C
  • I hate cooking/prefer to order takeout/please feed me!
    Vote D
  • other?
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I bake from time to time and help my wife as her Sous Chef. She is a truly amazing cook, better than the vast majority of restaurants. My signature dish is pizza, baked on a Pizza Steel, is is artisan pizza basically. i also used to make some amazing fruit tarts but not in a while now.

1|0
    0|0
    • pizza steel instead of a stone? is that better or the same results?

• Show All
    • I didn't know that, nice, thanks!

• you're welcome!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 48

• i can cook of course.

but i don't get overexcited it bout it

www.smiley-lol.com/.../napoleon1.gif

6|0
    0|0
  • Hell yeah, I cook every single day. Food's one of my biggest passions, actually. I'm also one of those annoying people that likes to take food pictures, and share food pictures.

I just made these brussell sprouts like an hour ago:

i1097.photobucket.com/.../...06200_zpsvlxsuqku.jpg

Here's a white-boy attempt at a Turkish baked good that's called simit:

i1097.photobucket.com/.../...30425_zpsa8gnklav.jpg

Cheese enchiladas, all from scratch (sauce, tortillas-everything):

i1097.photobucket.com/.../...8e480_zpsaedae915.png

Lastly, a coconut curry millet stew that I made a month ago or so:

i1097.photobucket.com/.../...30058_zpsssfayrlt.jpg

2|0
    0|0
    • I've never had brussel sprouts before, what do you season them with/how do you cook them?

• Ohhhh they're so good, and simple to make.

Get a cast iron pan (or other heavy pan), get it screaming hot, put in about a tablespoon of oil (anything with a high smoke point will do--canola, peanut, coconut, non-extra virgin olive oil, etc.), toss in the sprouts and keep them moving until they get lots of black markings (about 5-8 minutes). At the end, toss in some minced garlic and some scallions or onion, hit everything with some salt and stir around for less than a minute. Take everything out of the pan, and bon appetit!

• thanks! I'll grab some next time I go shopping. (:

• I am becoming competent at meatballs for spaghetti. I make decent pizza dough. I can cook straightforward stuff. I make good lamb. I can make a good crumble, and my few attempts at meringues have all gone well. I can make stew though I don't often do it.

1|0
    0|0
    • I am awful at making fresh bread. I have to buy frozen pizza dough when I'm in the mood for some homemade.

what are your favorite toppings?

• Good quality salamis
      Peppers
      Sautéed sliced shallots

• I like cooking, I just don't do it as much as I want. I'm in college right now, and I live with 3 other guys, so when I get my own kitchen just for myself I'm gonna start cooking more often.

Signature dishes? I don't have any yet, but I'm sure I could cook one of the best dishes ever: Paella.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like to cook been cooking since age 12/ 13
    my mom had to go babysit to make money cause
    my dad couldn't find work than he ended up a
    alcoholic so yes i am used to cooking one time
    my mom left me stay home from school on snow day
    i came home had breaded chicken, mash potatoes etc
    a great meal cooked.

2|1
    0|0
  • I went to culinary school and worked at a resturaunt for 3 years. Now I'm in Marketing and operating projects on the side.

2|0
    0|0
    • ooo, impressive. what kind of dishes can you make?

• Show All
    • whoa! no way, so am I... sort of, I have issues with starch and tried to cut it out completely, but replacing the carbs with fruit caused other issues.. anyway, you can use a smaller amount of rice and all non startchy veggies. (:

• wait! nope, nope. I'm merely low starch, not low carb. very different.

• Tonight I made chicken madras with naan bread and rice.

My signature dish, I suppose, is either a full pasta meal (meatballs, pasta, salad, garlic bread, wine) or a 'proper' Sunday roast with a chicken, roast vegetables, steam veg, gravy, etc.

1|0
    0|0
    • ooo! double veggies, nice! (:

• It would be roasted potatoes/sweet potatoes and parsnips, and steamed peas/carrots probably. I've done Christmas dinner several times, I love being in the kitchen with like a five things on the go at once, and a glass of wine in my hand as I shout at people to go away, I'm cooking :p

• lol, I love cooking with people but if I'm the only one cooking atm, I want the kitchen to myself too. ;)

• Homemade breakfast potato chips, impossible to ruin.
    The night before your big breakfast, bake as many potatos in the microwave as you can (you probably won't have leftovers).
    Make sure they're close to fully cooked, but not all the way.
    Throw them in the fridge to cool overnight.
    Following morning, fill a pan with oil heat it on medium-high.
    While your oil is heating up, cut your potatos into slices. How thick is up to you.
    Put a handful of unfried chips into your oil, and cook them however long you want.
    The potatos are already cooked, so there's no need for exact heat or time, and having them be cold keeps them from breaking apart. I'll end up with leftover sausages before I'll find leftover medallions.

1|0
    0|0
  • I cook all the time. Prefer cooking and grilling to baking.

But putting a great dinner on the table makes life so much better.

1|0
    0|0
    • yea. what kind of stuff do you enjoy grilling?

• I will grill anything.

I love seafood on the grill and vegetables too. I grill to bake sweet potatoes and regular potatoes.

Steaks, chicken, pork chops, pork loin, beef tenderloin.

• I learned to cook because I was living alone and now I'm a expert in Lebanese, Italian and Indian cuisine
    I also love barbecue

2|0
    0|0
    • interesting mix of cuisines. do you even do fuisine type stuff?

• I'm Lebanese so I know my cuisine, I always liked spices and Indian mixes and most people love Italian food (don't know why) so I try to bring the 3 together and I came up with a recipe I call it "red bombay pasta"
      It is pasta with a carefully chosen mix of indian spices with a Lebanese twist (tomato paste, thyme, and Labna)

• sounds very interesting!

• i can do it, but I more enjoy the eating than the cooking. I cook steak often. eat24 is my best friend

1|0
    0|0
  • i LOVE to cook. i don't love to eat ironically. nut cooking for people is something i love to do. i would love to cook for someone i'm in a relationship with. i think that would be sweet.

1|0
    0|0
  • I learned Italian cooking from granddad... not good at other types of food, but I can manage with a recipe.

1|0
    0|0
    • I loved cooking with my parents while growing up. it's great parent child bonding! (:

• I love to cook. I'm not a fan of baking though. I also enjoy getting out to try new restaraunts, so I'm not a cook every night type of person though.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think I can cook my way around in the kitchen. I'm open to learning how to cook other things as well

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I can cook. I can cook pretty much anything but I would say my specialty is sausage gravy, and anything cajun.

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate cooking/prefer to order takeout/please feed me!

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm only a beginner at the moment. I can make pastas so far but I will be learning how to make pizzas, curries and things like that though.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I grill burgers, hot dogs, cook up eggs, omlettes, stir-fries, pastas, you name it.

2|0
    0|0
  • I can cook most things. I can barbecue, baked goods, I'm especially good at making italian foods like pizza and past. Im guessing u asked this question to see how many guys would be willing to take over the females role of cooking in a relationship. Although I'm good at cooking, i wouldn't want to be the one cooking ALL the time- i wouldn't want it to become my role. But i would be just fine with cooking half of the time. Or here's an idea that i kind of like: Myself cooking part of the meal and my partner cooking the other part at the same time, side by side. Not a bad idea is it? 😁

1|0
    0|0
    • nope. I just wanted to see which guys like to cook. I don't consider it a role. I only asked guys because it was a follow up to the question in the details.

I really enjoy cooking with people too, it's a lot of fun.

• More from Guys

What Girls Said 1

• My boyfriend cooks. Signature dish: creme brulee. And he makes really good shrimp scampi.

2|1
    0|0
    • does he use a blow torch?

I worked in a couple restaurants where we added the sugar on top the had to use a blow torch! I enjoyed that, everytime. hehehe ;)

• Lol yes he does.

Recommended myTakes