If a guy loves a girl enough, will he move (to another state) for her? Even if it means losing a job he may want?

I always read this articles about how a guy will do anything to be with the girl he likes, but what about moving for her? What if that means he can't get to his dream job at that time? If you loved a girl that much, would you be willing to sacrifice all of that for her? Is it fair?
  • Yes
  • No

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Why doesn't she move to be with him?

If they're getting married or on track for it, and it makes more sense to move to where she is, yes, I think a fair number of guys would do so.

To just randomly move messing up his career for some girl who is not as into him as he is into her... some guys would do this. guys who are inexperienced, lack awareness of options, and they'll regret it later.

• Her family lives in the area and when she wants kids she wants people around. His family lives near hers too. I think they're planning to get married? I don't know.

Most Helpful Girl

• The girl should let him wait, she should let him take the job. At this age, we all need to take every opportunity we can grab to progress our lives and careers. If he doesn't take it, he's only thinking of now not of the future. If she also wants a good future, she should factor in both, not just relationship.

• Yeah, I think I agree with you. I read an article the other day that said if a guy loves you he will do anything to be with you... but I just feel like there are limits, don't you think?

• There are limits definitely. I think in relationships it's definitely about giving, but you can't be a good partner if you never also put yourself first. Like he could leave that opportunity behind and not find another like it, become sad and down over it and a down very sad partner isn't a good partner, they'll be angry and agitated and maybe even blame the other.
      Plus, if you don't think of the future, the relationship can just get ruined. Again, this situation as an example. If he is poor and not working, then the couple stay together forever and gets married and has kids, they may regret later on that he didn't take the opportunity when he had it.

• Yeah, exactly. I don't know what to tell her. She doesn't want to leave her family here. His family is here too, but his job and what he's started is there. Meh. Maybe it'll end their relationship, I don't know. It's like a movie!! So bad. Except I don't know if it'll work out.