Guys is it ever okay to put ur hands on a woman?

Guys, do u think it's ever okay to put ur hands on a woman, no matter the circumstances? Why?
Updates:
Like aggressively hitting, punching or hurting her

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Hugging, yes! Cuddling yes!

But as far as hitting, I think only in cases of extreme self defense like she's got a knife or gun (and is about to attack) would be the only type of situation where as an absolute emergency... then that would warrant it.

I think that minor restraint might be more ok, again, depending on the situation. I dated a girl who decided that biting me REALLY hard would be hilarious. I the second she tried biting me hard, I got my hand away from her, and I held her away until I could get away. There was no hurt, there was the level of restraint needed, no more, and I got away from her. I broke it off with her VERY soon after that.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If she deserves it then Yea. If I have a son when I'm old enough I would teach him to never put his hands on a female unless she's seriously harming you. Or if she's coming out her mouth disrespectful then he can just pop her in her mouth to shut her up but other than that don't hit them.

0|3
    0|0
    • You were ok until you said the 2nd sentence. Sorry but if someone hits me because they didn't like the choice of words I said and put their hands on me (hitting me first.. turning a verbal disagreement into a physical altercation) I'm filing assault charges on them. No one has the rights to hit anyone just for being rude and talking.

• Yea ig ur right

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 100

• I approach violence with women the same as I do with men. I will not instigate a physical confrontation and I will avoid it if at all possible, however if I perceive someone as being a threat to myself or someone I care about I would do whatever it takes to naturalize that threat.

2|2
    0|0
  • Is it ever alright for a woman to put her HANDS on a man?

2ND QUESTION why are girls never taught to keep them hands to themselves?

But we as boys are told to never touch a gir?

3|4
    2|0
    • Any violence against anyone is wrong. I'm not sure why everything is automatically made men's fault.

• Show All
    • Lol my dad always told me if I want to act like a man and put my hands on another man, he'll hit me like a man. Then of course my dad would have to beat his ass. But yeah, always been taught to keep my hands to myself, especially with someone who could kick my ass with only half of their strength.

• @RestlessYouth_ (#^ ^#) EXACTLY if I walk up to a man and hit him, I expect for him to try to slug my head off (rightly so, right?). So It makes me wonder why do girls think that they can go toe-toe with a guy. Knowing damn well that if no one came to play "white knight" y'all could be beaten to death. So why even think about starting something with a guy to begin with?

I tell my nieces/girls this all of the time "DONT go starting some shit, because you're going to be the 1 to finish it' Now, of course, there are certain rules that apply to what I just said. "They can't be the instigator of the situation" if they expect me to help them out/Risk It all

@Canterbury_Bellz Yup and No matter how you want to cut it, as a man you're going to take an "L" via double standards ><. I mean if we sit there and get our butts beat either

A Your peers are going to make fun you which is sad because we're told to not hit women

B she beats you up then go bragging about how she gave you a black

• If her name is Tyler Durden and she says "I want you to hit me as hard as you can."

But be careful, because you're most likely punching yourself.

7|2
    0|0
  • No, not even out of self defense. Because with modern feminism ruling the America, if i grabbed her arms out of self defense, i would be taken to court, and i would lose the case. I would be forced to lay their and take the repeated beating from her. Its sad isn't it?

0|2
    0|0
  • If a girl's being aggressive towards me, won't allow me to remove myself from the situation and I know that holding her down or restraining her won't calm her down, then I'm probably going to knock her out. It's as simple as that, I'm not going to let myself stay in danger over outdated social constructs like chivalry.

1|1
    0|0
    • This too. Women like to block the exit. Always let him leave. I watched a girl do this. Idc where he tried to go she got in front of him. He eventually got in the car and sped off.

• Yea it's crazy. My mom's boyfriend's brother recently had an issue like that with his ex girlfriend. She attacked him with a frying pan and he managed to get it from her and was trying to hold her back from him and she ended up punching him in the face. His first instinct was to hit her back and he ended up getting arrested and having a PFA filed against him. Then she started calling and saying that she missed him and wanted to see him, she begged him to come see her. When he got there as soon as she saw him she started screaming "No! Don't hit me again!" And the cops were already on their way, so he got arrested again. I have no idea what could possess a so-called human being to act like that.

• Is it ever okay to put your hands on a man in an aggressive hitting, punching or hurting him kind of way? The answer to that question is the same as your question. If it is not okay to hit one gender, then it is not okay to hit another gender. If you do think it is okay to hit someone, such as in self defense, then their gender should play no role as to the ethics of hitting them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not when I can walk out the door. If she hits me and let's it alone that's one thing , but if she just right down try's to whoop up on me and just won't stop then in my eyes she has stepped in to a mans shoes and I would have no choice but respond in kind

0|0
    0|0
  • If she's throwing around and appliances at me and won't stop, acting like she really wanna get it than I might throw her across the room pretty hard but I'm not gonna punch her... If she had a gun or something I might break her arm though and punch her a bunch of times

0|0
    0|0
  • I go by the rule "don't hit women". Saying there's never a reason or an excuse to hit women is just cocky... . . There's always plenty of reason, you just don't do it, and an excuse? Well say you got home from work and she just purposely drowned your 3 children. Am I allowed to bloody up her face then or still no excuse?

0|0
    0|0
    • That was the Andrea Yates (aka the mother who drowned all her 5 kids as the husband went to work) case but the guy kind of blamed himself. He knew she was sick and suicidal from years back but still wanted to have more kids with her. I would be terrified of having kids with with someone that's sick and very unstable. He should have gotten away from that woman when she tried committing suicide years back.

• uhh, no. Well, let me qualify that slightly. Yeah, I can think of some crazy circumstances. If a crazy woman is in the process of physically assaulting my child, she is very likely to get punched in the face with no remorse. But barring self defense or defending someone else from an attack, no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is ok to put your hands on a women, from an evolutionary vantage point we wouldn't be around if guys couldn't put their hands on women. If you mean it from a physical/abuse way, then no it is never ok to do it and from my vantage point is a sign of a week guy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yo I had to hit my girl one time. She had been drinking and kept trying to punch me while I was driving. She likes to punch when she's drunk and doesn't get her way. Had to sting her in the shoulder to get her to stop

2|1
    0|0
    • This kind of stuff does not get talked about enough. There is nothing wrong with defending yourself.

• Yea. She wasn't really hurting me but I didn't want her to make me wreck the vehicle. I do agree on self defense

• Oh its one of those questions again where everybody waits for some comments that state it's ok to do it so that everybody can bash them. right? Sorry but this question is stupid... Of course not!! and everybody in their right mind who is not just trolling will say the same!

0|1
    0|0
  • only time I would ever think about putting my hands on a woman in a aggressive nature would be if I felt my life was in danger from said woman. i. e. being attacked with a knife or bat or something and even then I would try to flee before fighting.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't believe its okay to abuse a woman but If you catch a woman having sex with someone in your bed that would make you want to put your hands on her but she isn't worth doing time over or if a she is coming at you with a knife because her anger level is high defend yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well by snuggling yea getting it on there touching yea but if there is an intent to harm then he'll no kill that guy he's genes don't need to continue but if some one is just tapping you on the shoulder or some not harmful and depending on surcomstance sexual then no

0|0
    0|0
  • If she comes at me trying to hit me for no reason, then I'll cunt punt her.

Girls are always told to guys in the nuts if they don't wanna fight.
    So I'll do the same, I'll cunt punt her.

I don't wanna fight, but if my life's in danger and she has a knife or something, then that's what's gonna happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most usually, no. Obviously.

Not unless she's a manipulative, sociopathic banshee who strives to see her male counterpart suffer as much as possible mentally. Then she deserves a punch. That said, anyone like that deserves a punch, being a woman or man makes no difference.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, if it's self defense. If a woman is mad and repeatedly punching me or attacking me with someone, I'm not going to take it just because she's female. I'm obviously not going to go all out on her like, Jason Statham style or anything but, I'll use necessary force to defend myself if I need to.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe the general consensus is if it is in self defense, then yes totally fine.
    Of course, there is a fine line between self defense and abuse, even women should know when they have successfully warded off someone and can quit throwing punches.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 33

• In self-defense, yes.
    Lol my dad always told me if I want to act like a man and put my hands on another man, he'll hit me like a man. Then of course my dad would have to beat his ass. But yeah, always been taught to keep my hands to myself, especially with someone who could kick my ass with only half of their strength.

1|2
    0|0
  • If she hits you for no reason, you have every right to hit her back.
    On the other hand, if you sexually assaulted her, called her a whore while she isn't or cheated on her and she slaps you for that, don't do anything back. In those cases you had it coming. But if she starts a fight, fight back just as you would with a man.

0|1
    0|1
  • No, unless she posed a violent threat to a man. In many instances a man can get by with grabbing her and moving her out of his way. If she has a weapon he might have to subdue her, but if he didn't like what she said he doesn't get to hit her. We also must note that in an argument women like to get in men's faces, get in the way of the exit, or corner them. This provokes violence, but he can still move her out of the way and she should be smart enough to just move.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me, it's a "You hit me, now if I feel threatened enough or mad, then I'll hit back".
    Honestly, I'm a bit disgusted by the saying/thought process of "you can't hit a girl". If she hits you, go for it and hit her back at the same kinda level. I'd be more disgusted with people who don't hit them back just because of their gender. Ethnics shouldn't matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if she’s possessed and/or she’s trying to kill him. Knock the b*tch out. Your life is more important than showing some demonic or crazy female respect she’s not showing that she deserves.

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean, like, if a bitch randomly starts punching him on the street, I'd think he'd be justified in being aggressive back for a bit for his own safety

Better than him standing there, taking all the hits, like society expects him to

Gender means quack shit in aggressively violent confrontations

0|0
    0|0
  • I think if the female hits the man first he can hit her back [self defense technically]

Other than that no it's not ok.

I mean i know a man may not need to defend himself. But i dont think itd be fair that a chick can abuse her man and he can't do shit back.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well if it's self defense then yeah it's perfectly fine. But I don't think it's right to hit her first, it's not right for a girl to hit a guy first either. I think a man hitting a woman is just more frowned upon because women are weaker

0|1
    0|0
  • If your life is in some type of danger because of her, yes.

And that is literally the single time it's ever okay. Same goes for a woman putting her hands on a man.

1|1
    0|0
  • "Dude, this girl needs a CPR, FAST!"
    "Bro, I'm a gentleman. I would never put my hands on a woman. EVER."

0|3
    0|0
  • No its never right. If she does something wrong take legal action, sue her, put her in jail or divorce her. Don't hit her. There is never an excuse for hitting a woman.

0|0
    0|2
  • NO! Is just as right as hitting a guy with a chair on his head. Any form of abuse or harm is wrong, no matter the circumstances.

0|2
    0|0
  • Its never okay to hit a woman, or anyone. If you met your wife/sister/girlfriend/co-worker and you cherished them, complimented them hung out with them, made a bond with them.. Why would you hurt them?

0|0
    0|0
  • Only in self defence if she is coming at you with deadly force... Other than that, certainly not.. Although i've always believe that causing physical harm to anybody is a big no-no.

0|0
    0|0
  • In what context? Romantically / violently / talking to her / offering comfort?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, if she's attacking you. I don'tean beat the hell out of her. But pushing her off and possibly hitting her (not severely or anything) if she's attacking you

0|0
    0|0
    • No, I don't agree with you. Never hit a women no matter what, even if she's stabbing you to death, do not hit. :-P

• @anonasaurus that's dumb, you shouldn't he hurt or killed even though it was easily avoidable

• bible says eye to an eye. just imagine how he would act if he is with rich girl. would he be still hitting that rich girl or beg around her like a puppy?

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no difference between hitting a girl or a guy. Both are wrong, and i don't know when people are going to find out that guys are just like girls at most points

0|1
    0|0
    • Thank you. I am tired of people spreading the idea that it is wrong to hit a woman, but somehow okay to hit a man.

• I don't think anyone should violently put their hands on anyone else.

0|1
    0|1
  • Its not ok. Nope. Never. Unless its in bed and and you are all for it or Yaknow platful then its fine but when its abuse and aggressive and not enjoyed or consentual its not ok.

0|0
    0|1
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes