Why are conversations so short online?

So I like this guy, and I try talking to him on Facebook, but I've noticed whenever I talk to him in real life (which is hardly ever because I'm so shy), conversations last MUCH longer than than online. Why is it that online conversations with him are so short even though he is on Facebook almost all the time?

41

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes a person forgets what to say next and it takes time to think.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not everyone like conversation online. Having to type out their thoughts is more time-consuming and some people just don't really like it. They prefer to talk face to face with others