How can I stop over-thinking?

My biggest problem is I tend to over-think. It has caused me to think way to much instead of reacting, like thinking "should I kiss this girl? Aw no what if this happens?" and in the end to find out she actually DID want me to kiss her.

So basically it causes me to not move when I should and I know keeps me from being me if I'm with a girl I like.

Any advice?

1821

Most Helpful Girl

• I have the same problem! And because of this, I know I can't just say "Don't overthink." because obviously, if you could you would.

I've found the best solution to this (besides forcing myself to do something brash before I can think about it) is find someone who is the oppposite of me. Finding a partner who may just lean up and kiss you, without thinking about it, will be the best.

You can't always change who you are, Love.

But, you can find someone who balances you out. (Also, again with just forcing yourself to do it. Life is short and if you think of the worst consequences, they aren't all that bad. She didn't want to be kissed? Too bad. Your confidence will woo her anyways!)

• As nice as that would be, (finding my opposite) I seem to find myself in the position most of the time where I have to make the move or anything. But I'm trying to push myself more, just wish my brain would shut up sometimes

Most Helpful Guy

• Get into this habit - count to three, and ACT. Follow your instincts with regard to what action you choose. But get into this habit. One Two Three, ACT. Start with the simple little things which have nothing to do with girls. Count in your head, one two three, and ACT.
    When that becomes second nature to you, incorporate it into your interactions with girls.

1,2,3 ACT.

Don't give yourself time to over think things.