Is it a thing for guys to not ask a girl out because they respect her too much?

I heard someone talk to me about this. Is this just something I'll tell myself to comfort my dateless self or is this a real thing guys do?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• That's kind of an excuse. Unless the guy is extremely evil, then how would he be disrespecting her to date her... I don't get it.

Most Helpful Girl

• My sort-of-ish boyfriend said that. He said he didn't ask me sooner because he knew I still had feelings for my ex. He also said he respects me and my feelings and that he wouldn't make me choose unless I wanted to.