My self esteem, which wasn't that high, has lowered. Guys don't notice me, it's like im invisible. Any advice?

I always see guys looking and flirting with other girls but I feel invisible. My confidence and self esteem has lowered because of this (it wasn't that high to begin with) I have a nice personality and I'm a sweet person, and I know there's more to beauty than just looks. But it seems like that doesn't matter to the guys at my school. People say I'm pretty online. I've been told I was pretty before. I have great friends but we don't talk about looks and none of us have had boyfriends. I'm very shy at school except for when I'm with my friends. Im not very open to people. Does anyone have any ideas as to why guys don't look at me or approach me? Is it because of my low self-esteem? Thanks in advance
Updates:
Thanks everyone for the advice! It was very helpful

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I was in the same situation as you 2 years ago.
    I wasn't open to people and I was pretty shy, except when I was with my close friends.
    Well someone told me that I shouldn't be so shy cause no one will want to get to know me. And it was true.. so I started trying to be more open and social with people. I tried to put away my shyness and to talk more.
    And guess what? It worked. At the beginning it wasn't easy at all, but the more I started being social and talk to people the more I was being less shy.

So yeah try to be more talkative to people around you. Start with your classmates or coworkers and you will see soon the difference :)

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Sure looks are not the only thing that matters. But guys or girls are inherently attracted to looks first. It is naturally the fist think we notice about the other person. Try getting a hobby or something that involves talking with other people to show there is more to you than your looks. Things like self confidence matter. The way you dress, the way you act, body language. All these things contribute to a persons initial reaction to meeting a person. Hard to say what else you should improve on without seeing a picture of you.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Why don't you approach the guy first? There's no point in waiting around forever because chances are nothing will happen. Just start a conversation about something like movies, dogs, music, or TV shows. Something everyone likes. And maybe the he'll end up being interested in you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Omg its like you're me.. all the details are correct lol

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes