Does he like me and is it appropriate?

There's this guy I know, so let's call him Jeff. Jeff is 24 years old and I'm around 17. I have a huge family reunion type of thing every weekend and he is one of the family friends. Everytime we see each other, we smile and say hi. It's a normal conversation, and nothing too serious. He was engaged before but it didn't work out, as the girl was not who he thought she was and he's currently single. Whenever we are alone, he always tries to create a conversation. He sometimes casually puts his hand on my shoulder. I am a singer and he's heard me sing before, and told me he loves one of my songs. He's asked me to sing that song many times and he's even recorded it! Before anyone thinks he's a predator or some pedophile, I want you to know that we have been alone numerous times for up to 1-2 hours and he's never done anything to make me feel uncomfortable. The furthest he's gone is, as I said before, touching me on the shoulder. I've known him for about 2-3 years now. This one time, the family reunion was at his house and I was invited. My parents hadn't come, and he asked me to sing his favorite song of mine, and so I did. He thanked me after I did and while I was waiting for my parents to pick me up, he asked me if I wanted to come inside. Inside were some of his friends, a few of my aunts and uncles, and he showed us his tv/gaming system which was really impressive. I don't know if I'm delusional, but it seemed as if he was trying to impress me. Everytime he'd look at me, his eyebrows would go slightly up and he's smile. He's made me laugh numerous times by playing around my uncle's back while he was trying to have a serious talk with me! When the family reunion was at a lake one time, he changed into a pair of shorts and folded his clothes. He asked me to give his clothes to his mother and he was so polite. There were other girls around me, but he asked me! guys, does he like me? What do I do? As for love, age is just a number and I've fallen for him.

11

Most Helpful Guy

• My good friend and his wife are about 7 years apart also. Happens. But at your age you have to be very... cautious about this. What I would suggest is just continue doing what you are doing for now. But try not to let it go further till you are 18, as though you may both be happy with the deal and him. Laws are not that forgiving and outsiders are not that understanding.