He flirted with me, and wanted to get with me at first, but now he acts totally platonic with me?

It really bothers me because I like him. He at first was always flirting with me, he even said "Would you date a guy like me?" Saying comments like that, saying I was the "Hottest girl" "I'm beautiful" etc. He would even joke around and say I am his "girlfriend" to other people, and when I wasn't reciprocating because I was weary of him, he completely stopped.

He has become totally platonic with me. But now I am willing to give him a chance because I got to know him. We hang out almost everyday, but he hasn't flirted, complimented, or anything with me. I was joking around one time, and I said "I'm going to flash that guy my tits! Haha" He said "No, don't. I don't want to see my best friend's tits! That's weird!" I was kinda baffled by that. He will sometimes compliment me, and say I am "pretty", but he's not really flirty with me.

Then he said to me one day "I love you so much, not like a crush, but I love you, as a person. Like a sister." I am crushed, and baffled by that lol. Because he mad flirted, and tried to get with me before, but now all of a sudden no interest? So, here are my questions. Do guys do this when the girl doesn't reciprocate? How does he have completely total different feelings for me? Can guys do that? Is he hiding his feelings? What is your take on it. Thanks.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Just make a move on him and I'm sure the ball will get rolling.

Guys still have all the pressure to form the relationship respectfully when it's quite easy for the girl to do it at any time by way of physical touch. Just kiss him, then things can proceed easily.

0|0
    0|0
    • So just a touch escalates like that how touchy like talk for you does a touch like a simple on in the arm make you think about someone in a different way

Most Helpful Girl

• When he tried to get with you, you didn't reciprocate so he gave up.. in the meantime, as you've gotten to know each other he decided that you're still a cool chick and he wants to be friends with you and his feelings have changed to become platonic.

I have a question for you - are you sure you don't just suddenly like him now that you're not the centre of his attention anymore?

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• he is considering you better than himself then when he tried to flirt, you didn't responded.. now he knows that you are not that much interested in him and so now he does not want to loose you as a friend... he is now really not considering you more than friend.. now its in your hand, whether to friend-zone him or to make him your bf..

0|0
    0|0
  • Just as girls can lose interest in a guy if they don't see things going anywhere, guys lose interest too.

1|0
    0|0
  • He's either playing hard to get REALLY well... or he now has a girl he is committed to so he ceased all flirtation.

0|1
    0|0
  • You officially ask the most relationship questions on GAG lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow just tell him how you feel it's not that hard.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• He probably got turned off from the idea of you as a girlfriend because you were basically cold-shouldering him, and not encouraging his advances. He cut his losses, worked through his emotions, and gathered up the strength to make you a friend instead of a lover.

Does that mean you don't have a chance anymore whatsoever? No. He might be a little wary of YOU now, though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Same thing basically happens to me and this guy I don't know what to do

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes