Guys what's your purpose of Cat calling and honking at chicks?

As I was walking to the store guys kept. honking at me and cat calling, why do you guys do this stuff?
What do you. think when you do. it?
Updates:
I don't mean all men just some

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Childish adolescence !! Can not think of any other reason

1|1
    0|0
    • Lmao ok

• Show All
    • ^ is pleasantly surprised. Thank you

• Lol no prob

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• I've never cat-called a girl and I NEVER WILL. Since I find that Shit to be so disrespectful, ON TOP of it making you look so damn thirsty. Sometimes I think "Bruh it ain't that damn serious, is it? " and I'm sure that it makes most girls feel uncomfortable anyway, right?

Hell I wouldn't even give a girl the time of day who responded to a catcall LOL I'm not going to knock those that do NOR the guys who do it them though (-_^#)

1|0
    0|0
    • Hmm uh ok the for your answer

• Meant to write that, that was a copy paste of mine

Fuck it they're thirsty + like what they see I guess LOL

• Lmao ok

• Some stupid ass shit that immature people do cause they think the girls like it. I'm so glad I have older sisters so I no what they hate and stuff. I mean cat callings really rude and the only reason I think some guys do it is because they think girls actually like it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I speak for myself but to me I feel good knowing she knows I like her. She usually NEVER likes me back and it don't do me a BIT of good other than making me feel good but oh well.

0|0
    1|0
  • Not all guys do this, please don' make generalisations.

i'm a guy and i HATE it when a guy does this to another girl. it's really rude!

1|0
    0|0
    • Good for you

I have to put that in the update I'm not trying to generalize all mrn

• Show All
    • @ThisAndThat
      Not only does it turn women into a mere object for men to judge, it also reaffirms the idea that public space is in fact's men's space and wome moving through it are subjects to men's opinions.

• The guys that do this, do this as a way to show off to their friends, how bold they are.

They don't genuinely THINK that cat calling and honking, is going to impress the girl.

It's just males in a group engaging in buffoonery. :-P

0|0
    0|0
  • Some might do it to show off to their guy friends (How that would be impressive is beyond me). I have noticed a lot of times the guys catcalling are in groups.

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot of the time it's just some obnoxious guy trying to show off to his friends that he has game or something.

The guys that aren't with friends are simply desperate douchebags.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't ask me, I've never done it! It's happened to me by a girl before, but I don't really think it was catcalling.

0|0
    0|0
    • You!!
      Ok whatever
      Its a hottie whistle

Bye

• Show All
    • It's done. You said "**** you and goodbye," and I went to another question to answer it. You're like a psychic!

• Whatever bye

• I've never done cat calling ever it never intrigued me.

0|0
    0|0
  • No idea. Primal behavior manifesting itself?

0|0
    0|0
  • its just for fun... lol

0|0
    0|0
    • I guess

• put it this way... if I'm in a foreign country (see profile), riding a horse drawn carriage with a rum bottle in my right hand and the sun shining and feel on top of the world. I'm catcalling.

• Wtf uh ok

• I just wish women cat called men more. :p

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys with lots Testosterone are crazy people

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Some do it for fun, some do it for attention, & some do it because they aren't as creative in expressing their emotions. You have to be able to decipher whats fun - drunk guys catcalling at anything walking by, attention - jerks trying to impress their friends or jerks trying to make an ex jealous, or less creative guys - usually a male friend/coworker/studybuddy who likes you but unsure how to express those feelings to you

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're somewhere safe and you're able to, confront them.

And watch them shit their pants. It's fucking hilarious.

0|1
    0|0
  • Excellent question I'm wondering the same thing. To me I can't stand when guys honk and whistle. I'm not a Damn dog! why don't they just smile at me.

0|0
    0|0
    • Omg Ikr its so annoying

• Show All
    • Lol I meant terrible stupid auto correct

• I agree. with both of y'all

• these are typical immature guys

1|0
    0|0
  • they are disrespectful jerks

0|0
    0|0