Is this love or was never love?

Been together with the father of my daughter for six years now, he has always been cheating, caught him talking over the phone with his mistresses, chatting on whatsup, Facebook messages and this has been going on since we started dating. i have always been a forgiving girlfriend and tolerated his nonsense since then. he has abused me verbally, told me having a child with me was a terrible mistake and he does not even know what he saw in me from the beginning. he has hurt me enough, telling me am short, shapeless, ugly and have ugly eyes. we broke up many times and this year I got fed up with his childish behavior, called it a day. but at some point I feel like l should get back with him and hurt him also. he has been trying everything to lower my self esteem but am one woman who does not waste her time worrying about things I don't have control over. am hurt, even scared to move on someday?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• On his part it was never love.
    On your part i am not entirely sure, it certainly isn't right now lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Love is not supposed to hurt like that. This is abuse: mental and emotional abuse to be exact. What he is doing is wasting precious years of your life on his immature, unpleasant, ridiculous, intolerable messes. What he is doing is taking back invaluable moments, opportunities, and memories that you are physically impossible of getting back. He's not good for you. A man who loves you will take care of your heart and be delicate with it. He will treat you well and he will not add onto the chaos that you experience in this world. Get rid of him.

You seem like you are just comfortable and afraid to let him go because you've already spent so much time on him. But if he hasn't improved or change in over five years, then he never will. This is who he is and you are just passively, submissively agreeing to be along for his ride of bullsh*t. Get him out of your life. You deserve better.