#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

Does he want me to initiate a first kiss?

He is shy and is not physically affectionate toward me. When I hug him he hugs back though. He doesn't have any experience with girls really so he might not want to make the first move? He got me stuff for Valentine's Day so I know he likes me but does he want me to kiss him first? P. S.: I have never kissed anyone either!
If you think I should kiss him can you give me some tips? Thanks!
What
What about a kiss on the cheek?

1023

Most Helpful Guy

• Do not initiate a real kiss. You have to be very patient for him to be the one to do that. However, you can drop hints, that, unless he is really a dope, he will eventually pick up on! I like the idea of, the next time you are saying goodbye, you kiss him quickly on the cheek, smile at hims and walk away. He will be on cloud 9! I am older and much experienced, but I still would be! If, after awhile, that doesn't work, and you are certain he likes you, do this: Smile coyly at him, look at his lips, then look shyly at the ground for a moment while biting your bottom lip. That's enough to give a guy goose bumps ALL over!!! Good luck. Let us know how it turns out please?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you want to kiss kiss hm. All this waiting advice is silly. you're not. Child you're close to an adult. If you guys aren't intersted in kissing you wouldn't be dating. You'd be " friends".

You're ready to try it so try it. he's ready- most likely he is - he'll kiss back. If not you try again later. This really isn't a big deal. You guys are dating so you have the " right" to kiss him. It's not unexpected.

• Ok I get all of that but we aren't a couple...

Valentines Day

What Guys Said 22

• it sounds like he is rather shy so this is what I suggest. When your talking to him position you face close to his and slowly get closer. He will most likely get even more nervous. Don't be afraid it means he thinks you're cute and doesn't know what to do. Slowly touch your lips to his and from there things will take care of themselves.

• Ah thanks so much :) I'm afraid that the getting closer to his face will seem super awkward though :(. What if he pulls back?

• If you don't feel comfortable with that approach a good tactic is always to talk about kissing then asking if he wants to kiss you. This will let you know what you want to.

• It sounds like the situation is in line for you to go ahead and make a move if that is the shape that you want the relationship to take. Sometimes when the other person is shy, you have to take matters into your own hands. Don't worry about not having done it before, you don't have to go straight to heavy making out, you can get the ball rolling with a simple kiss. Go for it!

• My first gf gave me this really awkward kiss on the lips, then made a really ugly nervous face afterwards, It was so adorable I couldn't help but kiss her back. Go for it. He might take the cheek kiss as a friendly gesture. Be quick and good luck

• Hmmm I'm more comfortable with initiating the kiss on the cheek. If I am hugging him with my arms around his neck when we're saying goodbye and smile and him and kiss his cheek will he get the message?

• Sounds a littlelike me, if he is, there is a possibility that he is afraid to make the first move in that regard.

I'm sure he'd be over the moon if you were to kiss him, as for pointers, not sure I can really give them out seeing as how I have no experience myself. Next time you give him a big hug, look him in the eyes for a moment and just go for it.

• With all of today's hype about consent... he may be looking for you to make the first move so he knows you want to kiss him. I know it sucks, but I know the schools are really pushing consent these days.

So maybe just this once initiate things?

• Yeah I initiate the hugs too :/

• Okay thanks :). So you mean like after this first kiss eventually happens? Or should i just be liked you know you are allowed to kiss me...

• Perhaps if you get close enough and it looks like he wants to then just move in closer... don't necessarily have to say it... just make him realize with your body language it is okay.

If he pulls back a little... then tell him.

• He's just scared. He scared he won't kiss you good enough. On the bright side, he cares about you enough not to want to disappoint you. He's probably a good guy. The guys who aren't nervous about kissing you are normally only in it for one reason. This guy probably won't betray you as easily as the other "confident" guys. Going in for the kiss is not a problem though and he will definitely welcome it with open lips :-P

• I think the guy really should show more caring towards you
    before you make any move on whether to kiss him or not
    but you could go for it and see how it works out might be good?

• I think I'll try the kiss on the cheek first.

• just look him in the eyes for a second... then look at his lips... and then eyes agian... (psycological ammo)

he'll get the message.. if he dsnt.. do it yourself.

• Find a situation where it's like you're facing him and you are gentally have your eyes closed and have your face towards him like you are ready.

• U said that he is shy, which means he wanted to kiss u too but he is afraid to do that... So the best thing what I could think is u should go for the kiss doesn't matter if it is in the cheek or the lips take my assurance that he will not refuse ur kiss.

• I like the girl to kiss first because I dont want to try to kiss her and get slapped in the face.

Im not like this with all girls but just generally.

• Yeah kiss him on the cheek and see how he responds. Tell us da results

• If he looks at your lips often go for it.
    if he bites, or touches his lips, go for it.

• I'm pretty sure he doesn't do that :/

• It is tricky knowing when to kiss a girl. esp when your young and if your shy it is a million times worse. You want to be a gentleman. Guys get a bad wrap for only wanting sex. but you want to kiss her. the first kiss is really bad. i almost didn't have the nerve to kiss her my first date. and I only did it once
    my suggestion is just stop the next time you see him. look at him and say "I have been wanting to do this.." then just kiss him. no cheek, on the lips.
    once he knows it is ok, and once you get past that first one, the floodgates should open and he should do it plenty

• Go ahead and kiss him in the lips.. He's just shy but he want to have sex with you.

• You'll have to escalate he's too shy take initiative, i often gaze into the girls eyes, place the palm of my hand against her cheek. And gently sweep her hair from her ear and whisper 'ur beautiful kiss me'

• Kiss on the cheek. It will give him some courage to make the next move.

• He probably does, but maybe offer him some gum or something for his breath in case he just ate or forgot to brush his teeth.

• Honestly if I'm going to do this I don't want to make it more awkward and we aren't going into full blown makeout yet. But thanks for thr tip :)

• Wait till you are 18... Give everything its time...

• I actually am 18. I put my birthday in wrong. But even if I wasn't... it's a KISS.

• thank you :)

• Anyway do tell me.. if u did something :)

• Kiss should not be an issue.. Yes you both might get nervous if its your first time but kiss should come naturally.. You both should initiate equally.. P. s. enjoy that moment rather than bothering over it.. You both seem shy so you both should make each othet comfortable.. All the best

• Yes, probably, he is too shy so you should initiate the first kiss.

• Just kiss him straight coz some guys are usually chickens, you dont start he doesn't either so my advice just do it and u will see the results

What Girls Said 9

• aww that's cute. Guys a lot of times especially virgins tend to be a lot more shy around the person that they like. He possibly can be waiting for you to make the first move but if you want to get him to be more open with you and aren't ready to do lip to lip start off slow. being closer to him to giving him kisses on the checks maybe next to his lip. After awhile he may become more open with you and maybe he will be able to make the first move on that kiss.

• Just kiss him if he does something nice for you. Just go for it. You will never know if you don't try and I bet that first kiss will make him more confident and want to kiss you back again. If he pulls away say you are sorry if he doesn't then well done! But judging on what you put in the description he won't pull away, he will most likely kiss you back. Good luck! ☺️

• Why not, if you feel that you're ready for him to kiss you give him a a kiss maybe on the cheek, wait for him to get the message. If he's still being shy but giving you signals that he's into you, go ahead and give him a sweet light kiss or two on the lips, let him know you're definitely interested in him kissing you. If he doesn't get the idea, he has ice water running through his veins! He also may have had a bad experience in the past, so just go for it.

• it also happened to me my bf is also shy so i had to make the first move i first kissed him on the cheeks anyways it's not about me it's bout u so first kiss him on the cheeks to let him knw tht u want him to kiss or u will kiss him. It will let him knw and give him courage. And a kiss on the cheek is also very cute.

• i would never initiate. it just doesn't feel right.

• Then what is "right"?

• See the problem with that is there might be an amazing guy who wants to kiss you but isn't sure whether you'd be ok with it :/

• have to show that you're interested and he has to pick up on it. in my experience they figure it out and take charge.

• Maybe start off with a kiss on the cheek. Just a little peck, like push your lips out but not a lot. If he smiles or something like that, then go for a kiss on the lips. A peck on the lips. You don't need to make out just yet lol. But only kiss if you think it's appropriate timing. Hold his hand or wrap your arms around his neck or something and just go for it. You don't want to have super glossy lips but some lip balm is cool and if you want your breath to smell good just have some candy, mints, or gum in your mouth but not like a whole lot.

• You can just give him an innocent peck and see his reaction.

• @Bruins03 is a fucking retard. With a little dick. Do not respect that little boy!!! He sends you harassing messages and trash talks you...

• Really he is. Lol. He's rede and disrespectful!!!

• @Bruins03
      bro u better shut up
      Mind your language in gag and show some manners and respect towards girls -_-

• It seems like he is to shy to try and kiss you maybe you should try to kiss him first.

Valentines Day