What does this mean? I still like him, but I'm confused?

He's hinted at liking me too, and even told one of our mutual friends that he was "starting to" like me but wasn't sure because i "flirted with everyone". However this apparent mutual liking has disintegrated into game playing, on both of our parts... I was never really sure if he liked me because he's had so much time to make a move, so I tested his interest by talking about other guys with him. I also started hanging out with his friend a lot because I thought the guy in question would be there too, hanging out with us. A lot of times he wasn't, and his friend ended up having feelings for me.

One night, we were all at a party and I saw the guy I like discreetly giving his friend a thumbs up while we were all sitting around... Then, later, the guy I like was all over another girl, and when I approached them, he told me I was being creepy and to leave them alone.

Does he really think I'm creepy, or was he speaking from a place of anger since his best friend was moving in before he did? Does he like me? The fact that he lashed out at me makes me think maybe he doesn't like me as much as he seemed to, but he could have just been hurt since he thought his friend and I were going to get together. I gently turned his friend down, by the way.

What do you think?

And please don't lecture me about the game playing I did to try and get him to admit his feelings, I know it wasn't cool..

10