Please tell me what an earth is going on? I really don't understand guys at all, and I really like this one?

I've known this guy since about forever, but I haven't seen him in a while. He got some good news so I thought it was a good time to congratulate him, and we got talking out of the blue. The conversation carried on for a few days, and we literally have everything in common: the same sense of humour, the same love for the arts, our dad's are best friends. I could really be myself around him from the very beginning. He was asking me about a gazillion questions, wanting to know how I felt about him, and I think we both realised there was something there. Then it got late and he said goodnight. We both have massively busy schedules, but he usually makes time after. It's just it's been 3 days, and I don't know if he's following protocol but how long is it gonna take him to get back to me? I'm so intrigued I literally just want some kind of confirmation that he's still thinking about me or that he wants to ask me out? Please send help ASAP?

10