Do you hate it when guys say "The natural look is better"?

I saw another question sort of related to this so that's why I'm asking it.
I hate it when guys go "I like the natural look"
You don't like the natural look, you like naturally beautiful women who don't need make up to look pretty. there's a difference. A lot of girls could look horrifyingly ugly without make up. And it doesn't have to be heavy heavy make up either.
We don't wear make up to impress guys anyway but it still annoys me..

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Lmao yes because they don't know what the fuck they're talking about. To them, the "natural look" = natural looking makeup + potentially clean hair/some hair styling. I'm sorry but very few women just roll out of bed and go to school or work without doing ANYTHING to their appearance. Hence, most guys probably haven't seen that many women without makeup unless they have sisters, or if they have a gf who doesn't wear makeup (legit no makeup, and not just "natural looking makeup").

7|0
    1|1
    • THIS
      SO MUCH THIS

• I think guys keep thinking of the really extreme cases where putting on makeup makes girls look like a completely different person. That is WAY

• damn phone

*WAY too much. Girls obviously know how to make themselves good, so we'll leave you to it.

If you want my opinion (a guy giving opinions on how girls should look, I may be shooting myself in the foot here) makeup should compliment her looks, not change them

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• Yeah, I like girls I find naturally attractive.

No, makeup won't make you look any more attractive to me, so no matter what you do, I still prefer the natural look. :P

0|0
    0|0
  • Say whatever you want, that won't change my opinion.
    And yes, we like the natural look of beautiful women, just like you like handsome men only. Ugly men can't use make up to look better, like women do, so if they're ugly, they're screwed. What do you have to say about that?

1|1
    0|0
    • That really has nothing to do with guys saying all girls are beautiful without make up.

• Show All
    • Men look weird with make up. Make up even makes the most attractive men look weird.

• So you don't like men with makeup, just like most of us guys prefer women without makeup. See, there's no difference between your opinion and mine, we both prefer the opposite sex without makeup.
      I do like women that wear a little makeup, but overall I prefer the no makeup look.

• "You don't like the natural look, you like naturally beautiful women who don't need make up to look pretty"

No offense but isn't that obvious? Of course we're more attracted to women we find beautiful.

2|1
    0|0
    • But guys say they like the natural look and hate make up. But not every woman is naturally beautiful like the ones they like

• Yeah the ones that say that mean women they are attracted to without makeup.

• rollingout.com/.../...r_makeup_makeover_640_02.jpg

Naturally she's cute. With all that slap on, she's WOW.

(I like both versions)

0|2
    1|0
    • This is the perfect example. I truly like the no makeup look better.

• she's not 100% natural. she has permanently tattoed eyebrows...

• So who are you wearing the make up for? is it for yourself? if so why? If you don't care what guys think, and you can't see yourself except for in a mirror why wear it? Surely it is not just for you... that is a bit sad.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well why do you dress nice? Or do your hair when tou go places? Is it to impress people or is it to at least feel somewhat decent? That's what make up does. It gives us a little confidence boost. It makes us feel better about ourselves.

• Show All
    • I don't like what I personally see in the mirror. I don't think I'm pretty. So I wear make up so I can look pretty for myself. I'm not trying to impress people or get guys attention. Like I said before ts the same thing as dressing nice, and making our hair look nice.

• Well i am sorry you don't like what you see in the mirror. I am sure you look better than you think.

And I never said that I don't dress nicely to impress others. Though I am a bear and even when dressed nicely and with combed hair, still look like a dressed up bear with combed hair. :-)

• I do not know how girls feel. I do not say such words a lot, but actually I think so. I find many girls become less gorgeous and even weird after make-up. However, when they do not wear make-up, they are really shinny.

0|0
    0|0
  • ... wonder if they'll add a one gender only option to questions to prevent the following from happening. Until then... I disagree from a "what I like perspective". Often the application of makeup is a detriment to looks. I guess the cosmetics company advertisements are winning, if they tell you that you need it and guys say you don't; yet you still feel that you do. Score one for free enterprise (not that there's anything wrong with that). Some small amount of makeup is okay and occasionally (very occasionally) does enhance features. However, generally it detracts.

0|0
    0|0
  • I say it because it's true. I DO like the all natural look best. And in my opinion, makeup does not make unattractive look better. It's so foreign to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you get annoyed when guys have preferences that you don't approve of?

1|1
    0|0
  • i like natural look anyway... why don't you believe me? :-(((((

0|1
    0|0
  • make up has its place, but for the most part I don't like it, it makes me think that they are trying to hard to look pretty

0|0
    0|0
  • Should have posted what I said on Lumos opinion as my answer haha. Anyway its there

0|0
    0|0
  • 99.9% of us are being honest about it.

0|0
    2|1
  • Makeup cannot make someone beautiful, it can make them only even uglier.

0|0
    0|0
  • False, I've seen plenty of beautiful women who don't wear makeup.

0|1
    0|0
  • lol, if you didn't do it for men, then are you doing it for women (gay?)

0|0
    0|0
    • Most girls wear make up for themselves

• Show All
    • A little bit of both, I'd imagine. You wouldn't go out in pajamas, would you. It would be highly inappropriate because you want to impress people BUT if that happens to make you feel good about yourself then great

• Let us be honest ladies… we do it to achieve a certain look, because we want to embody the persona of that look. Without it, we don't feel as "in character". For example, we feel prettier in a sun dress than in a hoody and jeans. So, yes, we do it for ourselves, but we are equally doing it to convince others of our persona/character. We don't need the sun dress to feel pretty and show others that we are, but it helps! Coco Chanel said to always take one thing off before leaving the house - why not the makeup? And, if you cannot feel the way you want to without makeup, then you have lost grips with reality and think you need it. You don't! Nobody does. It is just another thing to wear if you want.

• So we're supposed to love the girl who looks "horrifyingly ugly without make up"
    That's the equivalent of me using someone else's picture in a online dating profile.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• I usually don't wear make up, I only do on special occasions !

No girl should feel ugly without make up! Also I don't think wearing make up everyday is healthy.. A girl I know who wore make up everyday, one day cane without mascara and all people were asking: are you ill? why do you look so? While in reality she just didn't wore mascara!

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't hate it but there is natural look with a little makeup and then natural look with no products on your face. NOT every girl has a "flawless' natural face we are all beautiful but those flaws are beautiful. Idc a guy better like me without make up even more than with it on.

0|1
    0|0
  • It used to bug me when guys say all natural is better bc I have acne and I don't like letting it just shine through! So I wear some makeup ( it's not like caked on tho). And I felt ugly bc they always said that make is bad and crap. But later on a realized who give an F? Like why would u want to draw guys in the only want a girl to look one way? So I decied I'll wear what I want and the right guy will come along.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes because the guys who usually say that prefer light make up, not a natural face. Men typically cannot distinguish between a woman's bare face and her made up one.

1|0
    0|0
    • So true. It is an art form to apply it in a flattering, yet invisible, way.

• Because unless you score with a drunk chick at a frat house, a natural look is what you wake up to after sex. It's pretty erotic, apparently.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't really get annoyed but I think that some guys don't understand the whole natural makeup looks, some women just use less or don't make it Cakey

0|0
    0|0
  • they don't have sisters and no girlfriend who stays over for the night. some girls even wear makeup at night if it's just one night :/

0|0
    0|0
  • They want women to be comfortable in their own skin. Ever taken a straight man make up shopping? They loath it usually. The rest is just personal preference.
    i think make up was invented to present a youthful appearance. Youth is pretty. Exaggerated features are pretty too.. although i don't understand why. Most women wear make up because it's fun to put on and guys think it's a waste of time maybe? i like getting dressed up and eating make up, but i hate washing it off even more lol, they don't like what they see when I'm not wearing any then they can suck it

0|0
    0|0
  • Ya so so much.

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes