Why would you tell a girl to wear lipstick?

I always thought men prefer the natural look but I was told by a guy I've flirted with before that lipstick suits me and I should wear it more often. (Usually I only wear lipstick when I go out but it's in my current profile picture he was refering to) Personally I associate (red) lipstick with sexuality, trying to draw attention to the lips.
So dear guys, was this just friendly advise or do you think there's something more going on in his head?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Friendly advice? I suspect more like friendly flirting.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know I'm no guy, but from my experience, lipstick is messy if you wanna get your mouth near it. Because of this, lipsticked women may seem unattainable to men... and therefore mysterious and alluring. Go figure.