This relationship is emotionally destroying me. Why can't we stay away from each other?

A year ago, I fell in love with this guy. We were each others first loves. I loved him, I still love him. My best friend, unfortunately always got in the middle of our relationship. We were having a period of time where we were fighting a lot and things just weren't right. She was in love him, I always knew it, always said something and she would lose it on me. We took a break and during that break, surely enough, she called him, confessed her feelings, invited him to her house and they had sex, twice. They had a thing for like a week and he told her he was still in love with me. We got back together, of course I was still in pain, a lot of it, but he came to my house crying and he wrote a bunch of letters and I took him back, I was really willing to work things through, he seemed like he really wanted to make things work and that he was sincere about his apology. Two weeks later, he leaves me again and the next day is with a new girl, she's a really easy girl if you know what I mean. It's been three months later and of course I'm still in despair. He called me, we had a long conversation on the phone. He told me "if it makes you feel better I got a taste of my own medicine" his girlfriend left him for a new guy. We have class together so he would tell his friend that sits with us "that's my girl let boys know". He told me he might still love me, he doesn't know" he asked me if I missed him, I said no, he told me that he knew I was lying. We spoke a few days ago on the phone and he asked to see my room, because I have a picture frame of him and me and I just said "no, it's not there" and he told me about how much he changed and he's not looking for a relationship, but just something chill with the right girl and he's hoping it comes along. He asked me if I've had sex with anyone else and if I did he was gonna kill whoever the guy is.. he asked me if I would wanna experience the new him. But tells my friends he's "joking" what is this between us? I'm conflicted...
I am so in love with him..

06

Most Helpful Guy

• move on. He hasn't changed. You are his "Girl on a string" You can do better than that.

• so you think he doesn't really love me?

• No I think that he is using you. He would not do what he is doing if he loved you.