When a random guy on the street tells you you are beautiful?

Does it automatically make him a pervert? Or could he say it randomely with no ulterior motives? 100% of the time, i dismiss these guys as creeps... am i wrong to do that?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You are presumably in the majority and a big reason why I mind my own business and reserve compliments to those who are close and deserving.

He isn't necessarily a pervert, no. He could feel satisfied making another human being feel good. It's open admiration. That's how gentleman used to behave in this country, then women started crying foul (of course because some guys really are creeps).

I observe how older men interact with younger girls (my step father is one example) and he doesn't mind giving a young girl a compliment if she's pretty. Other men in his age bracket do the same. The reaction is of course, one of stark discomfort, as if he intended to molest her. That's offensive. I know the man's intentions and he is not a creep, just being polite. You know, like a gentleman would.

Now the market for public compliments has been monopolized by players and cocky jocks, who of course give such gestures a perverted slant. Your mindset is not necessarily wrong, but you must acknowledge what this mindset takes away the voices of the men who do mean well.

But hey, there are bigger issues in this world. I'm sure you get your fair share of compliments on Instagram. I'm sure that's where the appeal lies for women anyways.

0|0
    0|0
    • Erm I dont have Instagram or Facebook or Twitter and i dont post selfies of me online thank you very much.

And i dont get compliments that often partly because most of the time i wear sweats and baggy jumpers to school and look moody.

Im not talking about someone who comes to you and starts talking to you i mean you're walking in the street alone and someone is walking past and he stops walking and is like 'youre beautiful' does a 'gentleman' do that- i dont think sooo)

• Show All
    • Thank you! That was very kind.

• You're very welcome

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• no you're not wrong

he's rude in my opinion... how the hell you tell that to someone totally unknown to you?

1|1
    0|5
    • Agreed. I think when a guy tells a girl that she's attractive it means he wants her, so no guy has a right to tell me that unless we flirt/date/he is my bf.

• Show All
    • @i_m_legend since she's TOTALLY unknown to him... IGNORE her

• as someone who goes and talks to people that he finds attractive and understands there's no other way, you seem very practical and experienced.

• man, some of you girls love to throw the word creep around so loosely... i can hardly take it seriously anymore.

1|5
    0|0
    • Agreed. And that word thirsty. I dismiss these girls as ignorant and uneducated

• No, it doesn't make him a pervert, lol, it could possibly mean you're too sensitive. There are definitely creeps out there, but you are definitely wrong to write off 100% of such men. Heck, most of my relationships have been because I approached a woman on the street--I only ask out strangers, I don't ask out women I know.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be cautious, you have good reason to be, but "stranger danger" is a bit overblown, lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you are automatically assuming guys have ulterior motive dismissing them as creeps for giving their opinion of you yes I think it's wrong. What if they told you that you were ugly or nasty would you still consider them creeps with ulterior motives?

0|1
    0|0
  • See you are the reason why guys say women are irrational and crazy. And why most guys seem to look down at their feet because they are too afraid of being called a creep.

0|0
    0|0
  • A stranger tried to compliment you and make your day better?

Wow, what a creep, fuck him.

1|1
    0|0
  • It depends on the way he says it, maybe he just says it expecting nothing in return, just to brighten someones day.
    But maybe he says it in a dirty way, expecting you to do something to him, maybe compliment him back, start on a conversation, and maybe with the means of getting your number.

I don't think you should assume that every stranger that calls you beautiful is a perv, just listen to the tone, the look on his eyes, and what he does after saying that, because like I said, maybe he's just trying to make someone's day, with no bad intentions.

0|0
    0|0
  • U can't tell. A good guy wouldn't do anything different if he's attracted to u

0|0
    0|0
    • And u are wrong obviously. What do u expect him to do for the situation he's in? Compliment u right?

What Girls Said 15

• No, that definitely does not make a guy a "pervert" or "creepy." I swear, I don't understand the women who get offended at simple compliments. Whatever happened to just saying "thank you"?

Not everyone has ulterior motives for everything. If someone tells me I'm beautiful, I smile and tell them thank you. That's the polite thing to do. That's also a much nicer compliment than someone simply catcalling and telling me I'm "sexy" or something. There's a big difference in those scenarios.

1|5
    0|0
    • It's weird. I know he likely means well, but I'd still be on guard. Guess that's the result of so much cat calling. Being paranoid about street harassment.

• Show All
    • @miserybusiness Yeah, I can definitely understand why you have the viewpoint you do then. I would probably feel the same way if I lived in a city and was exposed more to that type of environment. Yes, I really like living in a small town. I actually live on a farm about 15 minutes from town but everyone I encounter here is very friendly.

• I don't think I've ever complimented a random girl on the street... but that being said it doesn't make the guy creepy he was just giving you a compliment... seems these days girls wanna label anyone who is nice a a creep... but at the same time I feel bad for ladies cause I see what they put up with everyday from the looks they get to what's yelled at them so I understand if they are skeptical!

• Not all the time but I say thanks or smile and keep it moving. if he wants to talk to me he'll probably keep pace with me. Do what you think is right bc yes some people can be real creeper jawns.

1|0
    0|0
  • Take it as it is, accept the compliment, not everyone is a creep or weird. Take the compliment and make it shine on your day

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd be creeped out too.
    Would also take out my switch blade.
    Just in case I need to cut a watermelon.

1|0
    0|2
  • No not at all. He probably thought you were beautiful but that doesn't make him a pervert. They aren't creeps, they're just speaking their mind.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think it is. But ignore all these guys, don't patronize this girl for asking the question. With rape culture and drawing social boundaries so publicized these days, she's just curious.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just take that compliment. Its a nice gesture. Most people dont get random compliments, just enjoy it.

1|1
    0|0
  • He isn't a creep, if all he's calling you is beautiful. At least he didn't insult you. Say thank you and give the guy a break.

0|1
    0|0
  • there's always an ulterior motive. that doesn't necessarily make them all creeps. (:

1|0
    0|0
  • he is not a creep. He is just being nice and giving you a compliment

1|0
    0|0
  • I would be kind off creeped out like what do you say to that?

0|0
    0|1
  • Just take the compliment and move on

1|0
    0|0
  • Its not creepy its really sweet actually

1|0
    0|0
    • yes it is and all who act like this is disgusting aren't really the attractive type youd wanna date anyway lol agreed with you

• your not wrong he seems like he could be a pervert

1|0
    0|1
  • Then you must really be pretty then

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes