When a random guy on the street tells you you are beautiful?

Does it automatically make him a pervert? Or could he say it randomely with no ulterior motives? 100% of the time, i dismiss these guys as creeps... am i wrong to do that?

159

Most Helpful Guy

• You are presumably in the majority and a big reason why I mind my own business and reserve compliments to those who are close and deserving.

He isn't necessarily a pervert, no. He could feel satisfied making another human being feel good. It's open admiration. That's how gentleman used to behave in this country, then women started crying foul (of course because some guys really are creeps).

I observe how older men interact with younger girls (my step father is one example) and he doesn't mind giving a young girl a compliment if she's pretty. Other men in his age bracket do the same. The reaction is of course, one of stark discomfort, as if he intended to molest her. That's offensive. I know the man's intentions and he is not a creep, just being polite. You know, like a gentleman would.

Now the market for public compliments has been monopolized by players and cocky jocks, who of course give such gestures a perverted slant. Your mindset is not necessarily wrong, but you must acknowledge what this mindset takes away the voices of the men who do mean well.

But hey, there are bigger issues in this world. I'm sure you get your fair share of compliments on Instagram. I'm sure that's where the appeal lies for women anyways.

• Erm I dont have Instagram or Facebook or Twitter and i dont post selfies of me online thank you very much.

And i dont get compliments that often partly because most of the time i wear sweats and baggy jumpers to school and look moody.

Im not talking about someone who comes to you and starts talking to you i mean you're walking in the street alone and someone is walking past and he stops walking and is like 'youre beautiful' does a 'gentleman' do that- i dont think sooo)

• Thank you! That was very kind.

• You're very welcome