Ended it with my friends with benefits , why does he seems without words?

A week prior I ended things with him through tect but he really begged to speak to me in person. This took me by surprise and made me want to think my decision over in regards to our friends with benefits relationship and he if I should end it. I told him to give me time to think stuff over to know if I actually want this carry this convo with him. Today I decided it is best for me to just end it. This is how the text went.

Me: I'm sticking to what I last suggested. I think it's best. (3:43pm)
Him: That's fine. (3:50pm)
Him: I figured (4:05 pm) (notice hr text min apart)
Me: How did you figure? (4:12pm)
Me: I'm looking at it as a whole. It's is whats best for you and me. (4:13pm)
Me: before things get dysfunctional. (4:16pm)
Anyone?

11