My Boyfriend Goes to the Bar Every Other Night?

My boyfriend of six months just recently turned 21 this past September. Well a couple weeks ago, he went to a bar with his friends, and now he goes literally every other night. I haven't said anything since he's just turned 21 (plus we haven't been dating for very long), and I assumed most 21 year olds go crazy with the alcohol at first. However, he stays out until at least 1:00 a. m. and then complains how he's tired. We've been discussing moving in together, but I don't want to live with him if he's going to be loud and drunk all the time. Not to mention the fact that he's been complaining about how he doesn't make enough money and wants another job. I'm really wondering if this is normal or if I should say something..

04

Most Helpful Guy

• There was a question on here I answered from a woman in her 30s wondering a similar thing about her boyfriend in his 40s, except he was going out most nights. My answer was that I thought it wasn't normal for a man of his age, but more for someone in they're 20s.

So I'd say it's pretty normal, some people do it for more years than others, but for most sensible people it's just a phase.

My suggestion would be to talk to him about it and state your concerns. You don't have to sound critical, just concerned. Maybe you can go with him sometimes or maybe you think he's not giving you enough time. Either way, learn to talk to one another :)