The pull away and rubberband theory?

I understand that men need their space and time to think things over. I spent hours reading online articles and watching videos on YouTube. I just would like to ask how long do men usually need to figure things out? Or how long do they remain in their caves for? And is it wise to text them and see if they are still alive? I have been speaking to this guy for almost 8 months. we live in two different countries. but that never stopped him in his pursuit. We met years ago. And have only contacted each other last summer and have been in contact ever since. He started opening up to me and expressing his emotions and feelings after 5 months of us communicating. I honestly do believe he is genuine in his feelings towards me. He has been making plans to come and visit me. that's the background of whatever our relationship is. My problem has started just recently. Our last time of contact was Wednesday last week. And after reading about men and their behaviors I decided to keep my distance. Only last night, after 5 days I sent a text to him just simply saying "good morning " It has been over half a day and no response. I would just like to know if I should "wait" as its been said in articles and blogs. Im just starting to have doubts and regrets that I've allowed myself to feel this way about him. Anyways, thank you for spending the time reading this and I appreciate those who respond.

31

Most Helpful Guy

• From what I've read on the internet is kind of bullshit.. But you can get amazing tips and shit from it...

Every man is different... Likes different things and dislikes different things same as to women.

You could just ask how much time he needs etc etc

And he's probably really busy or his phone isn't charged or that text never sent! Good luck

Most Helpful Girl

• Ha, I was actually thinking about this earlier today! I had noticed in my personal experiences how well men tend to respond to space. There have been times in my life where even if I didn’t intend on creating space, I just needed space of my own, guys who I wasn’t even interested in would ALWAYS come back and try to pick up with a connection.

It’s different for every man but I have noticed that men generally do not like having women all up in their face. Now, this is usually a certain type of guy who may live a busy life, spend a significant amount of his time fulfilling goals, he may be very social and have a lot of friendships to upkeep, or he just may be one of those people who needs his alone time to reboot and refresh his mind. Whatever the case may be, many men seem to get annoyed when females are very available and persistent on being all up in their space. However in your situation with him not replying at all even after you’ve given him space, that just sounds like he’s not into you : / sorry girl