Most girls on here say personality is more important then looks?

So most girls say personality is better than looks. If I'm very average looking and I have just a below average body, but a good personality, am I able to attract amazingly beautiful women? I'm talking a really beautiful face and a incredibly stunning body. I'm not asking if it's possible, I know it's possible, but can any guy do this, considering he is the type of guy, that I just described above. And please girls, don't give a simple yes or some simple generic reason. Please answer convincingly and in detail. thank you soo much
Updates:
Girls girls, I just want to add, personality of course matters to me too!

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Not likely. The very fact that you're not very attractive but want to get the most attractive physically in a female negates the whole "good personality" thing.

Part of a guy having a good personality (in a female's eyes), is that he focuses on the quality things in life, and values more than looks in a female. So if your number 1 criteria in a female is being the most amazingly beautiful, you don't really have a good personality, in my opinion.

14|4
    0|1
    • And I'll add that for me, looks are a factor.

• Show All
    • This makes sense. Ok awesome, thanks for your input

• Looks are important to an extent, but I'd rather have a decent looking girl with an amazing personality over a beautiful girl that is either boring, bitchy, or we have nothing to talk about.

Most Helpful Guy

• Given a lifetime of experience and observation, I say personality transcends looks. Yes we men dream about that trophy wife, but I have found that the women I gravitate towards are the ones who are ambitious and smart. So try to refocus on women not only for their current looks, but for their intellectual capacity. (See YouTube video below)

We are initially drawn towards each other by looks and first impressions. However once we meet, there is a need for substance to sustain and feed a relationship. So take it from me, that average girl who's struggling to shed a few pounds while working her way through school is a better catch than the divas at the clubs.

Want to meet more interesting women? Clean out your closet and invest in some new clothes. (I recommend you have a gf help you find what's stylish.) Donning decent clothes is a quantum leap for any guy's 'curb appeal'.
    Spice up your looks by being well groomed. Women notice that a mile away. It makes you look attractive and handsome. That's a must!!!

Join a club, be more active in your community. (Even have random conversations with women in the supermarket.) You never know where you'll meet your SO. Don't be afraid to initiate!

Finally, be educated! Once you meet a girl, you want to be able to sustain a conversation. Enhance your vocabulary- and I don't mean pick up lines! I mean be able to foster an educated conversation by being well informed. (Watch the news and read) Be up to date on current affairs.

In summary: EDUCATED+WELL GROOMED = CHICK MAGNET

None of these are a guarantee, but these adjustments will place you on the higher tier of availability with women.

Good Luck!
    https://youtu.be/9NF5XU-k2Vk

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you man, I think I have ticked these boxes already, hoping I get somewhere with it

• Stay with it. 'That' girl is out there somewhere! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 26

• First off, (correct me if I'm wrong) If you truly had a "good" personality, you wouldn't feel the need to advertise it.
    People claim that personality is important and well, I agree to an extent, but the first thing people notice is appearance.
    Typically speaking, people react to "lust" and after a while they fall in love with the personality attributes & the flaws of the other person. And yes, when you fall in love you "love" the flaws of the other person as well, since they are a part of them.
    Moving on... I doubt that the girls you're hitting on are average or ugly according to your personal standards.
    Plus, you already claimed that you are average, yet you're asking how to make " amazingly attractive" women fall for you, which means appearance is quite important to you too.

2|1
    1|0
    • I think I do, i just had to advertise it, because some girls that commented, said or assumed that I only care about looks and that was not right.

• Sorry, but when you started the sentence, moving on, I lost you. Do you mind explaining differently please

• did you know that in the 40s they uncovered a shitload of ancient sacred books in a jar in like the middle of the desert. Just like opened up a jar and found a new bible the size of the regular bible basically. No one ever read it for like two thousand years. Can you believe that? Holy shit. It's called the Nag Hammadi Library. You should read it maybe you'll find something WORTH TALKING ABOUT...

1|0
    0|0
    • I don't get it, why are you bringing this up, I asked a question on a completely different subject. But that's great to know

• i was making an elaborate joke

• Oh funny

• Looks are important at the very beginning, since that's what draws people in. Personality has more value in the long run. I think any average guy has the potential to get a girl he thinks is beautiful. But you need to be attractive to her as well.

3|0
    0|0
    • Just to estimate, how likely am I capable then to get this type of girl, you knowing how the majority of girls think?

• Show All
    • I'm not joking. If you don't put yourself out there at all no girls are going to come after you because you won't be meeting any. I don't know why I bothered answering since you're not going to take it seriously.

• Please don't think your answers are going to waste, I really am serious about this. If you can give me more help that would be great

• Seriously? It is almost 100% CHARM + CHEMISTRY! Be charming, and you can have almost any girl you have chemistry with. For a night, that is typically enough for girls who one-night it. For a relationship, girls start caring about your common interests, your life situation, your future goals, โ€ฆ Looks are only good from afar if they don't come with charm and chemistry. Girls react more to how a guy makes them feel rather than how GQ he may appear.

0|1
    0|0
    • You have a really good answer, a lot of girls on here have very different answers, I'm actually really confused, after reading all these opinions

• Show All
    • I need charm? Soo how do I get charm

• Charm: the power or quality of giving delight or arousing admiration.
      www.inc.com/.../...-be-exceptionally-charming.html

• Lol I love how guys call girls shallow for wanting a good looking guy, but you describe yourself as below average but seeking a beauty queen. Don't see how that's someone with a "good personality". Looks matter! But so does personality, personality is more important in the long run, but I will not be with someone I'm not attracted to.

0|1
    0|0
    • OMFG I'M IN LOVE (#^ ^#)

"Looks matter! But so does personality, personality is more important in the long run, but I will not be with someone I'm not attracted to." AGREED LOL

• I don't think that means I don't have a good personality

• The looks will only get you so far. Personality will always win at the end of the day. That said, everyone is different. If you can make your personality shine through and it's appealing then you'll attract people. My question to you is if you want to win her over with your personality, then why are you so focused on her looks?

1|0
    0|1
    • Because from my point of view, if she is what I described in the question, then I'm most likely not capable of getting her

• Well what if she has a personality that you hate? Do her looks trump that?

• Noo I can't stand a bad personality

• Most girls on here say personality is more important then looks?
    I'm not one of them. I find most guys personality to be the same at the core and basically their goal is the same- the hottest they can get. I see no reason to place more importance on personality when likely no matter what he looks like he'll pursue the most beautiful gal he can get.

So most girls say personality is better than looks. If I'm very average looking and I have just a below average body, but a good personality, am I able to attract amazingly beautiful women? I
    Highly unlikely. Most gals are average so likely most gals on here are average so they are 'speaking' for average looking gals.

3|1
    2|2
    • Convincing! Suckks to be me then

• Show All
    • I know you're not asking me to tell you if it was hypocritical hence why I did not mention it in my answer. Let's not bs as if I didn't answer your question.

You being hypocritical was brought up in the discussion you initiated.
      You said my looks could be why I gave this answer.
      " Are you really good looking then? Could that be the reason you gave me this answer"

I told you hypocrisy is why I did.
      "My looks however aren't why I gave this answer. I gave this answer because I find it male hypocrisy/entitlement for a guy to want to be judged by his personality when he's pursuing me for my looks."

• You did answer my question and I appreciate it. Not Bs with you

• Yes, if you have a great personality and confidence - and most importantly, that you both have chemistry - then you can attract any woman.

0|0
    0|1
    • Come on its Just a Bullshit.

• Show All
    • Well, most women don't agree with me but that is really what I feel.

• Wish it was this easy

• Personality is more important then looks, that doesn't mean looks aren't important. If you can improve your looks by working out or whatever, why wouldn't you?

0|0
    0|1
    • Genetics. Good looks are genetics. So, if he can't do anything to fix it, how's he ever going to get a girl?

• Show All
    • I agree with you on this, once I get a good body, then what steps should i take

• And let's say I started coming friends with someone, can my personality make me attractive later

• Looks catch our attention but personality keeps it.

1|1
    0|1
    • But if you have no looks, then personality won't come in, because there is no attention

• For girls, a guy can become more attractive/repulsive the more we get to know him. I doubt you are ugly, but if you were and you had a fantastic personality that would catch a girls attention. Maybe just as a friend, or maybe more.

• Would be good if I can catch a Beutiful girl's attention

• Both feautures are important of course..
    I mean looks are the otherยดs first impression, so it is sure a BONUS.
    But personality couns more for me.. If you are in a relationship you search for a guy who you are attracted to and with a good personality.. :D

0|0
    0|0
    • If a guy was average looking to you and was your friend, is possible after a while that you become physically attracted to him, through his personality

• Show All
    • Of course it is, but it depends on her personality as well.
      Dont worry :)

• Trying to not to. Seems so hard still

• Looks is what gets you attracted to that person. You don't approach people you think are really ugly and unattractive, you approach the people who are good looking. But then personality makes you stay. So yes, Looks are a huge part of it. I don't know if it's considered more Important than personality, but it's Stil very very important

0|0
    0|0
    • They are both pretty important I think

• For it's 50/50. Of course your scenario is possible just remember though that some girls are like me where both matter equally, some girls think looks matter more and some girls think personality matters more.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for the opinion Ashley

• Physical attraction is very complicated and shouldn't be taken at face value (see what I did there?)

I've noticed that physical and emotional attraction are very intertwined and often indistinguishable. Being "attractive" isn't just able a six pack and nice eyes. It's also the way a man carries himself that plays a gigantic role.

Have you ever met a woman that was sexy in a way you couldn't quite put your finger on? She wasn't particularly hot but something about her just drove you/other men wild? That's called sex appeal. And it's got very little to do with looks and more to do with the way someone speaks, dresses, their posture, their voice, etc.

I'm currently seeing a guy like that. As soon as I met him I experienced an intense attraction towards him. He's handsome, but he's certainly not a male model in any regards. It was his confidence (borderline arrogance) and subtle dominance that did it for me.

0|1
    0|0
  • So you say you have average looks, but want to attract insanely beautiful women? Are you kidding me? Personality is more important than looks, but that doesn't mean looks are completely unimportant. Of course it's not possible.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why would it not be possible for this type of woman, to not be attracted to me

• Show All
    • And I answered it. So what are you complaining about?

• I haven't complained

• Both matter but personality is defiantly the most important thing. I think if you really have a good personality then you can find an amazing girl but not all amazing girls look like Victoria secret models.
    Don't dismiss a girl just because she isn't incredibly beautiful, her true beauty might be harder to see and even more striking then that "Beautiful stunning girl".

0|0
    0|0
    • For me to get that pretty girl, would it be difficult for me to do then.

• Show All
    • Well If you only care about looks then maybe. The really hot girls usually know that they are hot so they will go for looks more, at least what I have seen, not saying all off them are like that ofc.

• Yeah I think they would just go for looks

• To be honest, I've seen lots of pretty girls with ugly guys. Lots more than handsome guys with ugly girls. By far.

Looks matter cuz it helps attract you to your mate. But a good personality will keep the person interested for the long run.

But you'll have to actually have a really good personality. I mean a really fucking awesome personality. Most people who claim they do are actually dicks and then blame everyone.
    In reality, I've only met very few people who's personalities were so exceptional that they're looks wouldn't matter too much. But they were really good looking too. Maybe I just saw them as good looking cuz they were such good people? Who knows. But only very few people are that awesome. FYI.

0|0
    0|0
  • Based on what you said your an average looking guy good personality curious if you would ever have a all around gorgeous woman believe so. Their isn't anything wrong with you your just not a movie star like most of society. Personality is key my friend I an oddly attracted to Seth rogan I find him very attractive and he is no body builder or flawless guy but that only adds to his charm he hysterical I love him just an example of a average guy. I mean I'm not a gorgeous girl or anything but hey I'm trying to explain lol

0|0
    0|0
    • That's suprising, you give me hope lol

• Well I'm glad I did. Not all people are shallow but some really are lol I bet you will do just fine. And also remember everyone had different opinions I think my husband is so hot but maybe some one else might think he is just cute or average maybe even ugly it all depends on you. You'll meet a girl that will blow you away ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š

• Girls can be shallow or they can have a well working brain. Just depends.

0|0
    0|0
  • unfortunately, looks matters. so, in order to make a girl notice you and see your inner beauty, you probably need to be good looking or at least be mysterious, so you get her attention.
    personally, every single guy i've ever dated was good looking but that was not in purspose. i would never go for a beautiful guy who can't make a proper conversation with me. i always look for inner beauty in every guy i meet.
    however, my best friend has dated average looking guys with not so hot bodies, even though she's more beautiful than i am.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for ur opinion kated

• More from Girls

What Guys Said 18

• 0|0
    0|1
    • Thanks for the articles man

• They're both important but looks only get you so far.. while personality drives it home. To improve your looks you can dress better, work out more and have a confident posture etc..
    Personality is what wins over the girls.

2|0
    0|1
    • I don't know man, I think the looks for some reason gets the girls. But that is a good answer!

• Show All
    • That's the problem you're not supposed to put girls on pedestals... you like one, just go for it.
      Treat her like any other girl and I promise it will work.

• I'll do my best then

• looks get you noticed, personality brings you through.

all depends on the person though. some people can cope with the shittiest personality as long as they have their trophy.

1|1
    0|0
  • Apart from personality and looks, there is a third very important factor called scent that plays a major role in mate selection, boy. After scent, there is something called body movement, which plays a decent role too. If these work in your favour, you can get lucky. Luck by chance, you see.

@I'm not asking if it's possible, I know it's possible, but can any guy do this, considering he is the type of guy, that I just described above
    What is this self-contradictory statement?

0|0
    1|1
    • Good points. I said this, so I can be clear

• https://i60.tinypic.com/33wpo44.jpg

Im just jk i just thought this pic might go good ๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜น

1|0
    0|0
    • Hilarious ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Show All
    • Lol thanks for the laughs

• Lol your welcome anytime

• Looks matter SOME in the beginning... but personality is where the staying power comes from. :)

0|2
    0|0
  • Looks get you through the door then personality separates guys from the looks after

1|0
    0|0
    • So I need better looks

• Yes, since it gets you through the door aka a better chance, but once you get a chance you still got to take the second part which is your personality

• yah to them cause perosnality means control

what others want isn't your interest. this world needs buisnessman who can negotiate, cause you dont get what you deserve in life, negotiate and know your market!

0|0
    0|0
    • Please explain how I can do this

• that alload of bullshit... look at zyzz, he had no game what so ever and said he never approached woman and that he wouldn't degrade him self to approach them.

0|0
    0|0
  • girls don't have good personalities neither -- in fact they have the f#$ng worst, unchecked fem mysognistic c****s. don't worry.

I mean the fact that they hate a nice, dependent guy and constantly reward arrogant people because that's what turns them on should be enough.

then they lead with their ass and tits and private parts and taking off thier clothes and sexing up their body (this replaces 'confidence' for a girl), plus they don't approach,

and they want to talk about personality. LOL give up.

0|0
    0|0
  • both are difficult to define. i think it's just something people say to be PC, there are no hard and fast dating rules.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes there are too many factors

• i believe most girls care about both. :-)

4|0
    0|1
    • I think they care about both, I' don't know why, I'm more convinced, that they prefer looks over personality

• We care about both, now you know๐Ÿ˜‹

• Than say lie

0|0
    0|1
  • Not true bcoz at first they dont know you when they look at you they just have your appearance they don know if you're good or bad so at first your appereance second the personality

When they say personality they mean later in the realitionship but the guy with better look abslotely have more chances than average guy

0|0
    0|1
    • Thanks for the input man

• Yes but money is more important than personality to women

1|2
    3|0
    • Absolutely, if you can't buy me cookies on subway then it's over.

• I know! Gotta have their macadamia nut cookies. Bitches!

• Lol don't like those women then

• I personally know that I am funny as fuck and confident so if I was 50 pounds heavier and had an ugly face I would still get women. Would I be able to get them as quickly? Probably not but after a few minutes talking with a female I would have a good shot. Are there some girls that are shallow? Yes so maybe not them.

1|0
    0|0
  • "am I able to attract amazingly beautiful women? "

That's not the question - the question is, even if you could, COULD YOU KEEP HER? That's where your personality is more important.

3|0
    0|1
    • I know if I can attract them, then why not, I have a good personality

• Show All
    • Hmm. The fact that you admit that you think girls are mostly superficial and care more about looks... tells me you might be wrong about how good you think your personality is.

Most girls don't like guys to have that sort of incorrect assumption about them.

• Noo I think they are equally important

• awww man lets be real here. Looks play a massive role in getting girls. here's why Girls in general can't identify guys with a good personality meaning they don't know if a guy is a gentlemen or an asshole. Personality is not on outward thing like looks is. Girls will walk in the street and will be like "oh he's cute" or "oh he's hot". Girls see looks initially all girls do any girl that says she doesn't is a lier and you should leave her asap. But we all know how important first impressions are as a matter of face without a good first impression you won't get her. So that initial first impression will combine both but in the early stages she's riding on looks and a basic personality. When girls say personality im convinced they mean anyone that's not a full dickhead or a jerk or is illiterate or can't speak. But girls do weigh heavy on looks just as long as you have an average personality, you get me?

0|0
    0|1
    • I get you, but can I have a good personality, which later makes me attractice

• yea but for the most part the initial attraction is where most girls make up their mind.

Recommended myTakes