What is it with women finding psychopaths appealing?

So I was watching Reservoir dogs the other night with some female friends (By the way if you haven't watched it there will be spoilers). They thought Mr. Blonde was really attractive. I asked if they just thought the actor playing the character was hot but they said they found who the character was in the film was somehow really attractive. Now I'm not asking why girls find "bad boys" hot because Mr. Blonde wasn't a "bad boy;" he was a narcissistic full blown murderous psychopath, which is why I loved how he died in the middle of saying a dumb one-liner. I also noticed that a lot of high profile criminals always build up a fan base of women. I'm just wondering if girls are just attracted at the thought of danger. Do they think that a guy like that wouldn't just as easily decide to screw them over like they do everyone else they come across? Oh and if you haven't seen the movie you should really go watch it.

32

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that maybe we are attracted to the mystery of someone like that. It is different, enticing and magnetic. You want to know more about them because they are so closed off from the entire world. You want to be the one that they open up to because nobody knows much about how they think. Yes, usually these sorts of people are selfish, sometimes even manipulative but it doesn't mean that some girls can't see that. However some may not see the hint and think that they will be able to "break into" them. I guess it could also be that an element of danger is exciting, and usually means your relationship would be a lot more intense, and that can be extremely attractive to some people.

• I understand the excitement from danger since I am a bit of an adrenaline junkie. But the difference with me is that I either overcome the danger or succumb to it based solely on my own competence and determination. Whether a chick would live with this guy or be murdered by him depends on if he gets tired of you or if you become a hindrance to him. I usually like the bad guys in movies more because the good guys are always one dimensional. They are doing good things because it's the good thing to do. But he's the same for the opposite side. He's being a bad guy just for the sake of being bad; he's equally as one dimensional.

• I also remembered recently of a time where I accidentally made myself seem like a psychopath. My chemistry teacher asked the class about what chloroform is used for and he gave a hint that it was for a bad thing. I answered saying it was used to kidnap people which shocked him and he said the answer was euthanizing an animal and joked I went way darker than the actual answer. People laughed and joked that I kidnapped people. Three chicks I never talked to during the semester all decided to chat me up after class. I don't think it was a coincidence that they decided to chat me up after that.

• Oh wow lol