What is it with women finding psychopaths appealing?

So I was watching Reservoir dogs the other night with some female friends (By the way if you haven't watched it there will be spoilers). They thought Mr. Blonde was really attractive. I asked if they just thought the actor playing the character was hot but they said they found who the character was in the film was somehow really attractive. Now I'm not asking why girls find "bad boys" hot because Mr. Blonde wasn't a "bad boy;" he was a narcissistic full blown murderous psychopath, which is why I loved how he died in the middle of saying a dumb one-liner. I also noticed that a lot of high profile criminals always build up a fan base of women. I'm just wondering if girls are just attracted at the thought of danger. Do they think that a guy like that wouldn't just as easily decide to screw them over like they do everyone else they come across? Oh and if you haven't seen the movie you should really go watch it.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that maybe we are attracted to the mystery of someone like that. It is different, enticing and magnetic. You want to know more about them because they are so closed off from the entire world. You want to be the one that they open up to because nobody knows much about how they think. Yes, usually these sorts of people are selfish, sometimes even manipulative but it doesn't mean that some girls can't see that. However some may not see the hint and think that they will be able to "break into" them. I guess it could also be that an element of danger is exciting, and usually means your relationship would be a lot more intense, and that can be extremely attractive to some people.

0|0
    1|0
    • I understand the excitement from danger since I am a bit of an adrenaline junkie. But the difference with me is that I either overcome the danger or succumb to it based solely on my own competence and determination. Whether a chick would live with this guy or be murdered by him depends on if he gets tired of you or if you become a hindrance to him. I usually like the bad guys in movies more because the good guys are always one dimensional. They are doing good things because it's the good thing to do. But he's the same for the opposite side. He's being a bad guy just for the sake of being bad; he's equally as one dimensional.

• Show All
    • I also remembered recently of a time where I accidentally made myself seem like a psychopath. My chemistry teacher asked the class about what chloroform is used for and he gave a hint that it was for a bad thing. I answered saying it was used to kidnap people which shocked him and he said the answer was euthanizing an animal and joked I went way darker than the actual answer. People laughed and joked that I kidnapped people. Three chicks I never talked to during the semester all decided to chat me up after class. I don't think it was a coincidence that they decided to chat me up after that.

• Oh wow lol

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• I highly doubt most of them are attracted to the psychopath part. Most likely, they are attracted to the other personality characteristics that may come along with that, but are not limited to psychopaths.

for example, sociopaths and narcissists are stereotyped as very charming, good at socializing, confident, etc. I've heard that movie is good, but I haven't seen it. However, if the character you mention is also very confident, forward, charming, good with words, etc., then those are far more likely the reasons why many women find that character attractive.

SOME women, just like SOME men are attracted to dangerous habits and those behaviors. I'm definitely not, but sometimes the people who do those things are attractive.

I love Dexter and I'm pretty sure he is somewhere in the sociopath/psychopath realm. And definitely a serial killer, albeit one with a moral code. I'm attracted to his character, sort of. Not the killer part. But then again Dexter isn't the most amazingly charismatic person ever. He's kind of awkward. I like his words when he's thinking to himself and the actor's appearance and his voice. I saw Michael C. Hall in Hedwig and the Angry Inch and I wanted to lick his body.

And as others have said, it is a movie.

there's definitely no mystery in that for me, to the extent that I'd want a relationship with someone in this position. Thats how bitches end up dead. However, as an observer of people and things, having an in to see what their lives are like up close and who they are as people, even if only at the surface, while knowing what they really are - that would definitely be an interesting experience.

0|0
    0|0
    • Also, lets use intelligence when we start drawing huge conclusions based on our circles of friends. Maybe you're friends with certain types of people that may be more likely to like certain things. Culture, class, interests that tend to be concentrated in certain groups, etc. Not to say there's no possible widespread truth in your generalization, but its also possible that its your circle of friends.

• Movies are glamorized. It was probably the way he walked, the tone of his voice, his movements, etc. Just like movies make high speed car chases look fun and then people roll over and climb out with a sexy little tricks of blood rather than becoming paralized.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• It's a movie. It's okay to like psychopaths hot in movies because it's a movie.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a movie. It's okay to like psychopaths hot in movies because it's a movie.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes