What does it mean if a dude likes your photos but doesn't talk to you?

I mean, I've seen him now and then at school and we've always smiled at eachother but we haven't talked before.
I walked out of study and he was waiting at the end of the corridor, looked at me, smiled, I smiled, then as I went to open the door, in the reflection I saw him looking? At me? And then he followed me, I sat by the computers and out of all the free ones, he came and sat by me but didn't talk? I was joking with my friend and he'd smile when I told a joke?
I have him on Facebook and he's been liking my photos but I don't really want to talk to him first unless he talks to me.
I'm kind of getting over a horrible breakup at the moment so I don't wanna go out of my way to talk to guys, I mean, he's a good looking dude and he seems very kind when I hear him talk to his friends, but I just wondered why he would look and like my photos but doesn't talk to me? Should I make friends with him or should I wait for him to come to me?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• He's probably afraid of rejection or he's shy around girls and doesn't have the guts to talk to you. So he's probably liking your photos and doing what he's doing to show you that he's interesting and he hopes that you'll eventually talk to him.

• Okay :)
      Should I just say something like 'hey :) '
      He wouldn't mind will he if I talked to him first? I mean, I've never actually properly spoken to him before.

• I think you should and according to what you said he does, I don't think he'll mind. I just hope he's not shy and get scared, but this is an acceptable risk. Better doing this than doing nothing ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• Never wait for someone to talk to you because they may be inspecting you to do the same. So I rather go talk to him if you wish. I know many guys that i do not know however they like my pictures. I wouldn't over think it too much :)