Why am I so ignored?

I'm really mixed up. I've been told I am drop-dead gorgeous, beautiful, pretty etc. I feel invisible and alone. I don't feel like I get male attention or they look at me in that way like they look at other girls. I mostly notice guys sneaking looks or quickly looking away when I catch them. I also notice when I am vulnerable I get guys really staring me down, yet when I feel happy and have my chin up they avoid me... I don't think I am crazy hot, yet I get people telling me I am beautiful. I'm not a perfect 10. I know I have an attitude problem sometimes, but so do a lot of other girls and they still get attention.
I just wish I had that effect on guys like a hottie does. I notice some of the other girls that have these effects are not much better than me or don't have anything I am missing. I am slim yet curvy and have great hair and skin.
I'm wondering what I can do to accept myself. I wish people would stop telling me I'm so beautiful because this confuses me even more. I don't understand, if guys are intimidated or if it's just me.

25

Most Helpful Guy

• If you really are that good looking, then you likely are very intimidating. Guy tend to overthink things just as badly as women do.

Anyone who looks as good as you must already have a boyfriend so there is no point in introducing myself to you.

Herbie Hancock and John Mayer collaborated on a song whose lyrics (possibly) describe you.
    The name of the song is "Stitched Up", here is an excerpt.

--
    I wonder where she came from
    I wonder where she's gotta go
    Who's to say she's single and who's to say she's on her own?
    Girls like that don't sleep alone

Ah, here's a thing, here's a thing

That girl is flawless
    And I know I'm not the first one to think that
    And since I'm not the first, I sure won't be the last
    Spend my whole life lookin' behind my back
    I just don't think I'm up to that

--
    Your beauty is a barrier to meeting you. You may have to pursue any man you're interested in.

• I am not pumping myself up though :-P. I just said I am not a perfect 10. But others have told me I was beautiful, gorgeous or whatever and not just to make me feel better because I don't expose my insecurities to other. I project a strong fake confidence but it's not real. Just clearing that up, I am not pumping myself up.

• You don't need to be a perfect 10 (pro tip: there aren't any perfect 10's) to be perceived as unattainable.

Other girls are putting out signals that they are accessible. I suspect that you are not doing this. I suspect that the confidence you are putting out there is saying "I have no need of you." "Move along, I'm out of your league."

Most Helpful Girl

• i think that Americans are nasty that way. they hate beauty. but then when they see someone trash they want them. maybe try to look little bit revealing and see what happens. I really hate all American guys who are chasing their success and money ignoring everything that is attracting them. it's contradictory. they want money to become beauty and yet they ignore all the beauty around. all they think is convert some ugly into beauty and they are sticky and nasty fucking man bitches.

• I agree with this 100 %