What do men really want?

what do men really want please be honest i promise no hurt feelings lol just trying to be a better mate need to know what men really want in a relationship and a woman what dont you like what do you like?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Men always feel better when we controll the relationship.
    We want to protect , teach , love and dont want to be bothered for something ofcourse.

We don't like bossy women in relationships , We don't like when girls act like they know better than us.

We don't like too much affectation
    We like when women understand what we really want ( relationship , just sex , friends etc )

we like good smell and we don't like to FIGHT in a relationship.
    Fighting once can end anything. We don't like when women jealous too much.

5|5
    1|5
    • Your answer was so in depth thanks just tryong to figure out what i can do better and what not to do lol

• Show All
    • I, for one, as a naturally submissive person, prefer it when a woman takes control of the relationship. I make shitty decisions anyway, so I'm not exactly qualified to lead haha.

• WOW I agree with him 100%. I couldn't have said it better.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 38

• My own list:

1. Religious and moral compatibility. If I have to compromise the Spirit, undermine my own beliefs, or give in to pressure to do what makes me feel rotten just to make her happy, then she's all wrong for me.

2. Complete honesty. I've known too many liars, users, and manipulators in my life. Time for a woman who can get real, even if she's not always proud of herself. I would take a penitent criminal; over a woman who has a black heart in the eyes of Heaven, but a perfect clean slate in the eyes of society.

3. Understanding. Slow to judge, but quick to support, even when others start asking her why she bothers.

4. Initiative. Relationships are spiritual, but they're two-way streets. Don't be a lazy, apathetic cold fish and make me do all the work for increasingly less reward. In the end, everyone loses when you do that.

5. Total commitment. Let me know I mean something to you, enough to put yourself on the line for, and I'll reciprocate to my fullest ability.

6. Tenacity. Start what you finish, even if you struggle. And don't humiliate me if I struggle to finish.

7. Visionary. Know what you want, and share your passion. If compatible with mine, I'll lend support, and expect it back.

8. Reasonably clean bill of health. No STDs.

If I marry such a gal and she's good at sex, that's icing on the cake. (Virginity not required; but will be appreciated.)

1|2
    0|0
    • You are so sweet why aren't there more men like you in the world

• +1 Respect.
      THIS is a PRIME example of a fine gentleman.

• The answer to that is complicated. But let's just say that the worst elements of society for far too long have been allowed to grow far too powerful. And they can't stand men like me. So they try to convince women that I'm what they essentially are. And as a result, being a fine gentleman in today's world is a good way to have all sorts of abuse heaped on you. Therefore, a lot of men have simply given up.

• I personally would be content with a woman who actually wants me for who I am, rather than for who she wants me to be. It seems like most of the women in the past who have shown interest have viewed me as some sort of novelty or prize (probably due to my atypical personality). I can't say that any of them really cared about what I need or want out of life.

Also, I can't stand selfish women. Their concept of love is "I", "me", and "my", and they don't truly care about what the man wants and needs; rather, they only stick around so long as they get what they want out of him.

A good woman will view her man as she would her own child, in that she wants what is best for him and puts his needs before her own (assuming, of course, that he does the same for her). Imagine that you have a young son, and ask yourself, "How would I want a woman to treat my baby boy?" Lying to him? Cheating on him? Insulting him? Using him as an emotional toy? Ignoring his interests? Trying to tear him down? If you wouldn't want a lady to do these things to your son, then don't do it to a lover.

Basically, I want someone to live the golden rule: treat others as you would want them to treat you.

6|2
    0|0
  • I prefer a woman with no qualms being a lot like me, and if it means enjoying nerf gun fights, and being a little crude, and never caring about much, it's perfect... But I also like a woman that'll make advances, and be dominant, sometimes. Guys tend to act tough, but more often than not, we're not that tough, and hugs are always nice~... Oh, and someone who doesn't interpret every little movement and stutter as meaningful. We say what we mean.

1|1
    0|0
    • It really annoys me when women ask you a personal question, and if you take more that one second to respond, then they get mad and storm off. It's irritating and shallow.

• Thanks so much for your answer

• My ex was over controlling and overly critical. Made me think I didn't do anything right even when it came to folding laundry. Also an alcoholic, mentally physically abusive I'd say as long as you aren't any of these things you are I the clear she was also clingy, plays victim and tried to make me look like a villain and also trying to assassinate my character.

1|0
    0|0
    • I might be a little critical lol thanks so much for your opinion and sorry aboit your ex. ;)

• Above all just to always know that she really loves me, and see that in her actions from time to time, loyalty. thats pretty much it, rest are itsy bitsies which would work out if there is good communication. but if still i was to say then.

she should some times appreciate
    and what others said lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Men aren't one collective being, different men want and like different things, you need to get to know each guy as an individual.

1|5
    0|0
  • We want in a relationship
    * Companionship
    * A women that understands our needs
    * we don't want drama and tests
    * We like to be important in your lives
    * We like to do things for you
    * We really want you to be happy and do anything to keep you smiling.
    * We want you to know that even when we keep our hobbies and friends you are still most important to us.
    * We like you to talk to us when something is wrong instead of giving hints
    * We want you to know that even when act all cool and macho we love you as much as you love us. Maybe even more.
    * We want a woman to give us sexual pleasure.
    * We want a want a women that does no manipulate us.

I can go on for hours. I think that what we want is not that different than what women want.

1|0
    0|0
    • I think your right and i appreciated your answer a lot thanks

• Hints are the most annoying things ever. I'll never understand why women aren't just completely straightforward about things. Black and white.

• Nice to have a woman who is honest in a relationship, too many unfortunatly cheat their guy, while they sit calling you darling they are arranging their next meeting with the other guy on their iphone, been their, just a waste of time, you soon catch them out.
    I like a woman to be a lover and best friend, share some intrests togther without living in one another's pockets, get on well togther and being honest with one another, not in a blunt or put down way, if you think something is crap you can say it in a nice way, that goes both ways. Have respect for one another and mutual trust, treat your guy how you want to be treated yourself.

1|1
    0|0
  • In a nutshell.

Feed wanted but not needed.

Feel loved but not be possessed.

Feel energized but not stimulated.

2|1
    0|0
  • I'm easy, some love some cuddling and some fun and I'm happy :D

2|0
    0|0
  • I just want a girlfriend who I can have regular sex with. One who can help me find other women to hook up with while I help find her other guys she could hook up with (with threesums in between.)

Or at least someone to talk to... that alone would go a hell of a long way for me. =/

0|0
    1|3
  • Someone who's fun to be around but still let's you have time alone and with friends. Also most guys love it when you cook for them and have similar sexual fantasy's

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't speak for other guy but what I want in a woman :

Loyalty
    Flexible
    Giver

That it!

1|1
    0|0
  • All I ever want is to be loved respected paid attention to, oh and yes TONS of sex :-) im happy

1|0
    0|0
  • Well that depends on the guy and other factors as well. For example I haven't had a girlfriend but I want one. And if I ever had one I would feel much better if she 'led' our relationship.

Mainly because I'm not that secure, I had a bad experience with another girl when I was younger and it hurt me in that department ever since. So I want someone who will help me out of my shell I guess.

But at the same time I'd want somebidy who's kind and understanding. I mean I watch Anime and I know for a fact that people can be turned away from people who do that.

But that's MY ideal. There's no way I could speak for every single guy out there, and that's a good thing because everyone's different with different ideas of what they think is ideal.

1|1
    0|0
  • You can't ask what all guys want- it depends on the guy.

1|2
    0|0
  • We want peace, no drama no crying all night or sleeping on the couch.

1|1
    0|0
  • It's split in the mid. Guys r nice and guys r dicks

1|0
    0|0
  • You can't lump all men into 1 collective group, but I want
    I want a girl/woman who can listen to me, but also know that she can tell me anything. I want a nice and sweet girl, but also someone who can make sure I stay straight (staying level headed, not meaning sexuality). Someone who knows what its all about and isn't obsessed with superficial and petty stuff like popularity. Humble and with a good sense of humor. One who knows what their capabilities are but strives to expand on them. The kind of girl who knows that I have the best intentions, but can make mistakes. One that will support me as much as I support her.

1|0
    0|0
  • Men want a woman who understands, who just gets it. In other words, men want a woman who they don't have to explain these kinds of things to.

Anything that says hearth and home is what men actually want, even though they will often deny it. That means exactly what I said. Men want lover, mother, homemaker. That involves anything from knowing the right oils and candles to use during love making to sewing to cooking to the ballroom. Men want to the whole package - a lady. And don't ever think they don't. Feminism be damned. Men want a real queen. No, I said a real queen, as in real, authentic. A queen has nothing to do with money or priveledge. If you'll remember, Cinderella was a common maid who ended up being the real princess.

Basically, what men actually want is everything society tells them they shouldn't want.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 7

• They want somebody who is predictable, reliable, trustworthy, classy, and better than others. There are different ways of being better than others - you could be the best graphic designer, the funniest conversationlist, the most observant, the nicest, the most talkative, the most quiet and contemplative, the hottest africa, the hottest chinese, the hottest egyptian, the most thin, or have the best curves etc... the point is - guys don't notice you until you prove that you are better than other woman.

0|0
    1|0
    • Question. How do you know exactly what men want, if you're not a man?
      This is the most conceited post I've read all day.

• I coukd never be better than anyone else i think we are all perfect in our own way

• Men want one thing from different women , whilst women different things from one man... this is I make sense of men. Men are generic carbon copy of each other. If you understand one man you will understand all and how incredibly simple they are. They themselves don't know what they want, that's why there is not a variety of styles for men, they can play different versions of the same video game and do mundane things without getting bored. You shouldn't even bother trying to figure out what they want , because everything is enticing to them. Gotta love them!!

1|0
    0|1
    • I liked the part when she said that all men are the same.
      -1 Respect for being an idiotic, conceited, assumption-making bitch.

• I've had men that are nice men that are abusive and men that had no clue they are definitely not the same good men real good men are hard to find

• I like how you insult my opinion.. typical male shit.. unable to accept that women can think n say for themselves.. fucken twerp!!!

• They want your money or body to hide himself behind to steal others.

0|0
    1|1
    • My husband has never once asked for money mabey my body but then again no kne is perfect

• Men want you to type without the capslock.

3|3
    0|0
  • Only God knows!

1|0
    0|0
  • Sex with a supermodel turned p*rnstar .

0|0
    1|1
  • Why did you give mh to a guy who wants a pet for a girlfriend?

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes