Do you think a real man cries?

I am not talking about crying for small things or for prolonged amount of time but the ones that knows how to cry. Even that I am not a big crier I still think that crying even for men at times is ok and shows our security and self-confidence as we know to express our feelings without being or feeling ashamed. If my friends are crying I would try my best to help them feel better.

What do you say?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not the authority on what does and does not make a man, nor am I the authority on appropriate ways for people to express their emotions. Some people are more sensitive than others, I don't see how it relates to gender.

0|4
    0|0
    • This kind of reminds me of that other thought I had: Just because a guy is more feminine/sensitive does not mean he is gay. I know some guys that are more sensitive/feminine but they are not gays. :0)

• Finally someone with a non-bias mind!

Finally someone who doesn't say something by the lines of "A man does this, but a woman does that". I thank you Commie.

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• Do you think a real man cries?
    No as patriarchal gender roles regard that as a feminine trait.
    Considering society is seemingly still patriarchal and gals get limited/shamed for sexual expression In my opinion it's tit for tat to limit/shame guys for emotional expression.

0|0
    1|1
    • No they don't lol... Not as much as they used to lol.

For example, if a man cries in public, no one will approach him. If a woman does, she'll get all the help she needs. There's a video circulating about that, as well as other scenarios.

You need to stop victimising yourself.

• Show All
    • @JohnBhoy94
      I know both genders get their share that was my pointL guys get limited/shamed emotional expression and gals get limited/shamed sexual expression. Tit for tat.

Show me where I stated here that gals have it worse. Oh that's right I didn't.

But you implied guys have it worse by claiming gals don't get limited/shamed sexual expression or they don't as much and thinking so is victimization. While claiming guys limitations/shaming is valid.

The only one victimizing themselves is you and it's quite explicit and done purposely. Damn shame you can't even see it.
      I e=

• Tit for tat is moronic. Why would that be a reasonable way to treat people? And all this patriarchal nonsense, ugh, I don't even...

• Anyone can cry and feel emotions. This shouldn't be decided by the patriarchal gender roles and qualities assigned to males and females by the society.. be sad, be happy.. be whatever you want. No one is an authority on what is a "real man" or real anything. Everything is a social construct, so be proud of your emotions and feelings.

1|2
    0|0
  • If I don't see a guy crying (for whatever reason) I wouldn't think his a "real" guy.

I don't like how society has made men think they need to be manly around the clock though. You guys are humans, who feel and hurt.

SHOW EMOTIONS PLEASEEEE!!

0|3
    0|0
  • Yes please, you have to pretend to be so tough and macho man all the time I kinda feel bad for you guys. I cry watching Bambi lol, so I would think is nice if you guys would give in and cry, its such a relief to let go.

0|1
    0|0
  • No one really cares unless you are annoying them or pulling at their heart strings. If you are a cryer, cry or change that about yourself. Do what you want. Only the regular people in your life really care about such personal habits, so fill your life with supportive people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, they do. Men also have feelings. Crying doesn't make you less of a man

1|1
    0|0
  • YES.
    a man with EMOTIONS is ideal, period.

1|2
    0|0
  • Of course yes

0|2
    0|0
  • Everyone has the right to get off the emotional baggage.

0|1
    0|0
  • If he cries he's a real man

1|2
    0|0
    • I think part of being a man is to show his emotions and instead of being a coward and just hold it in.

• Exactly

What Guys Said 7

• a man who wipes his tears isn't weak. He appears that way because as boys we're told not to cry. It's weak. But assuming that we eventually mature we realize that's not true. It's a sense of embarrassment that's hard to shake for some. Now a guy who says no to this question is hiding behind walls and is probably has no real sense of actually feeling manly enough to be his own man.

0|2
    0|0
  • Hell I barely CRY but I don't hide the tears when I do NOR care whose looking ^^

Ain't no shame in my game LOL

1|2
    0|0
  • I think it's fine for a man to cry there is a just a time and place for it is all as there is for everything, some guys like me just have a harder time of it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, real men cry. Those who doesn't cry, aren't men, but more like heartless robots.

0|2
    0|0
  • Sure agree 100% a man can cry but not over trivial things

0|1
    0|0
  • YES

because guys have EMOTIONS too ;-)

1|2
    0|0
  • Men don't cry and women don't go to the toilet

0|1
    0|0