Do guys predominantly only befriend girls they find attractive?

I feel like this is the case, and I don't know how to explain to my guy friend that this is why I don't like going to events by myself, no one seems interested in befriending me. I know I'm rather shy, but multiple times I've gone to these events geared toward meeting new people, and though I'll have decent conversations with these people, they never seem to be interested in hanging out with me after these things are over. And when I go to the next event, they don't even remember my name. I assume its because I must not be attractive and worth befriending.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Even if I'm not interested in a relationship or sexuality or whatever, I'm still often guilty of that, yes. Getting to know someone takes effort, and being attractive tips the risk/reward counter toward the "reward" side for some reason.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Perhaps, you are overthinking the whole idea of befriending. Many people are shy and have great conversations with people. However, it isn't easy to decide from a one-time event to go outside of the event to do other things with someone.

I also believe that how you feel about yourself shows to others. If you change how you view yourself, others will see you differently as well. Best of luck!

0|0
    0|0
    • You're probably right, but since I've only had one guy ever actually tell me I was pretty, and I think it was what he thought would get him in my pants, it makes it hard to fake self confidence..

• I would never recommend faking confidence. It's either something you have or you don't have. Now, you can work towards being more confident. But the moment you try to fake anything, it will be discovered.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• I do that with both genders actually. I like to think of myself as the center of my group of friends, and since i have a severe case of perfectionistism, it drives me nuts if not everybody in my group of friends is at least mildly attractive.

0|0
    1|0
    • Lol that's so messed up

• Ik. I don't think its right either. But i think almost every body is attractive in at least some kind of way. But I'm a perfectionist, so whej things (including people) aren't "perfect" or close to it, i get irrationally angry.

• not really :D i befriend them mostly because they´re not attractive ^^ otherwise i´d try and date them. by the way 2 of my best friends are girls who aren´t really attractive to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • when it comes to friendship i don't give a shit about looks, as the other person is interesting personality-wise and share the same interests with me

0|0
    0|0
  • I rarely "befriend" anyone. I tend to keep them in my acquaintance zone.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I do the opposite since I have a boyfriend I befriend guys I'm not attracted to so there's no temptation lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Super guilty of befriending only guys I find attractive.

0|1
    1|0
  • Because they want to have sex. And maybe one accidental drunk night could lead to sex so...

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes