My lover completely forgot my birthday. It's been almost a month since it passed. Can I bring it up without sounding like a spoiled brat?

We have been together for years, so it's not like he wasn't aware. And he's a very thoughtful gift giver. He has been very busy at work, and got a big promotion recently, so he probably just spaced it. I'd like to say that I don't care, but it does bother me a tiny bit. On the other hand, I am 39, not 9. So it really shouldn't matter. Am I better off just letting it go?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I would just be honest with him. Tell him what you just told us that you are so happy for his promotion and new responsibilities at work, and you love him, and you know he loves you, and he probably just spaced your bday, but you really don't care that much.

It does sound like it bothers you a little, but you understand why and you don't blame him for intentionally doing it, which is good, because it sounds like he really didn't do it on purpose.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Just thank him for forgetting your birthday if he cares about you it will make him feel and next year he should remember and you might want ask him if the relationship is over

0|0
    0|0
  • i want know you, i like read your commet :))

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Just let it go.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would just say something like "wow I can't believe I'm 39 now" and he will remember lol When someone forgets my birthday I say that and then their like "oh my god I forgot" then they say sorry

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes