Are there no more decent guys out there?

Those who would want to get to know you better first rather than thinking of sex.

2|0

Most Helpful Guy

• true answer to your question is yes guys think of sexually first, not necessarily sex first but sexually, but you might be surprised to learn the reason why.

when a guy sees a beautiful woman the first thought is not if or when i get with her it is, wow, not much chance of a guy like me being with a girl like that, so instead of reality kicking in fantasy kicks in because most guys deal in fantasy because of low self esteem, so guys dream first, not really of sex but of maybe what it would be like to walk hand in hand with a beautiful women, or walking into a room with such a woman on your arm. it might come as a shock but most guys are very romantic inside their own heads. if guys thought more of themselves then they do they might not dream so much and actually have a mindset of getting to know someone before anything else

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• There are plenty.

They're too busy dating women, who DON'T whine about how supposedly there are "no decent men left".

Every single female I have ever met that claimed there are no good men left was an insufferable bitch.

Every.
    Single.
    One.

4|6
    0|0
    • And ladies and gentleman we have a MHO here!!! Nicely put , I couldnt said it any better. And the same goes for guys whining where all the decent women are.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• Can I want to get you better first while also thinking of sex?

0|1
    0|0
  • It's because of stuff like this

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a8548-friendzone-the-pedestal-you-stand-on

basically in this take the girl says when she meets guys she's really not into she'll sleep with them early on but when she meets a guy she sees as being relationship material she'll play hard to get and make him "work for it"

1|1
    0|0
    • wow, thats soo backwards lol

• Show All
    • Unfortunately, it's true - this mindset is EXTREMELY common. It's like, why are you making the worthy guy "work" for something that was free to everyone else?
      I wouldn't feel special at all, if someone did that to me. I'd feel somewhat used and taken for granted, to be honest.

Why not just fuck who you want instead of playing stupid games? Meh, some women seriously grind mah gears.

• @Maskedsanity
      exactly, I'm considering writing a myTake about it but I feel like I'm going to get ripped apart in the
      coments section :(

• By that definition the answer is no. Sex is almost always a motivator. For some it's the only motivator. For some its one of several motivators. some are willing to put off sex, but for a variety of reasons as guys get older and more experienced they are less willing to put sex to the side.

Some guys are not very interested in sex but are open to dating but they tend to be very passive and not approach women much.

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe its because I'm young. Maybe its because I've just had too much time to think, but unless she wants it, I'm content without it. I just want someone that I can connect with. Someone who doesn't care about the superficial and petty stuff that no one will remember in a few months. Someone who will support me like I'd support them and I feel like I can talk to and spend time with

0|0
    0|0
  • HELLO! i am right here! *shoots flare gun* SOS
    lol! i just want a gf so i can have companionship, if sex comes with it thats awesome!

i like getting close with someone before going the distance too

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol.. of course there are! I consider myself decent and I know of many other similar guys like me too. (kinda expected - people with similar personalities gather around each other haha)

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Someone opened up a bounty on their heads like 10 years ago. They've been slowly killed off over the last decade.

Kinda like how the Jedi were in Star Wars.

0|0
    0|0
  • Are there any decent girls out there who don't fuck around every day with a different guy?

1|4
    0|0
  • Of course there are. They just haven't gotten burned yet.

1|4
    0|0
    • not all guys that get burned, decide to give up all hope...

• if we didn't want sex or sex played a major part in us being good to you, itd cause more problems than solving them...

this is why p*rn and mastubation harms relationships and productivity

1|0
    0|0
  • Well there are a lot of decent guys out there... they're always overlooked,.

0|0
    0|0
  • You know.. Birds of same feathers flock together... !!! U haven't met a decent one in your life. !!!

1|0
    0|0
  • I am as decent as a soccer player ; -)

0|1
    0|2
  • Of course, only if you look hard enough :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe you should start hanging out with gay guys if you want a guy to get to know you better rather than think about sex...

I want to get to know you and have sex with you...

So maybe I want to know you by having sex with you...

If this doesn't make sense to you, too bad, because it made sense to me.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• If you keep complaining about it, no. You won't find any. Usually decent people try to avoid negativity.
    Cuz you know how if guys cry "why am I being friendzoned? She won't date me, do girls not like nice guys?" You see how their constant bitching and crying brings them no luck with women? Yea. You're the female equivalent of that annoyance. "Are there no decent guys out there?" Or "all men cheaters?"

That shit is annoying as fuck. If I were a guy, I wouldn't shove my dick in that crying and complaining mouth even if it shut you up.

Everyone thinks of sex. Should it be the main motivator? No. But eventually, unless you're an asexual, you'd want it. Men will only get as far as you let them. So if he's using you for sex, chances are he's not, you're letting him use you.
    People will go as far as you let them. When a guy is being used as an emotional crutch in the "friendzone", chances are he's letting himself being used as well.

Walk away and learn to take personal responsibility.

0|1
    0|0
  • yes there are for instance - if the guy really cares about you, he would love you for your heart or mind as foremost priority in the relationship.

My advice - keep away from the shallow guys who only want one thing... for that kind of love is selfish, and they only want a thrill for themselves, instead of THRILLING you!

0|0
    0|1
  • Lots of guys, particularly in our age bracket, will be thinking about sex first. They don't know you, they just know you're attractive to them. And since guys are more ok with casual sex naturally, it makes sense that sex seems like the obvious first option.

However, there are plenty of guys who will wait, get to know you, and fall for you who are. But, if you're asking to find guys who aren't thinking about sex or attraction at all, and are only interested in knowing you first, you're fighting a losing battle. Attraction is the first step.

2|1
    0|0
    • cheap guys sleep with girls first before they get to know them, because who would want to share your body with just anyone?

• Show All
    • I don't know opinion owner, in my opinion some guys just have more brains... that can see through the glitches of a beautiful plastic face.

• @DaddyPet, I think you misunderstand me. I definitely think there are tons of decent guys out there with brains. I don't think for a second that the majority would sleep with just anybody, or that they'd pick some mean idiot just because she's pretty. What I am saying is that sex is a motivator for men, and they often experience the desire to sleep with a woman simply from looking at her. They'll be thinking about it even if they aren't acting on it. To expect that to be out of their minds and not a desire is to reject how men are wired as a whole.

• They are out there and can be found in the most interesting of places. I found mine as I was looking for someone to do snow blowing.

0|0
    0|0
  • No.. there is no such thing as a decent guy

0|0
    0|0
    • That's true, and there is no such thing as a nice girl, you're all manipulative.

Recommended myTakes