What causes a guy to cheat?

I know there's a lot of reasons a guy can cheat on a girl, just like girls got there own reasons too. But it's usually the guys that cheat more in my option. The first thing that comes to my head is he/she cheated because of sex , yeah it's not always that but I really would like to get several answers from guys, also from girls that have experience getting cheat on or actually cheated on their bf/gf.

16

Most Helpful Guy

• Insecurity... If we are in a committed relationship eventually things get to the point where things are routine. Then it hits a point where you wonder if you really want the relationship. We way out all the options and then start to wonder if we can even get another woman. Flirting is all fun and good but we want to know if the"game" is still there. Then in that insecurity they cheat... hoping to get away with it/ realizing it was a mistake. The real problem arises after that, if we don't get caught we come up with reasons not to feel bad about it and make ourselves believe it was your fault then end up cheating even more because we've desensitized ourselves to the guilt. I cheated multiple times when I was in high school and into college and i know people say once a cheater always a cheater... but I'll never do it again. The real trick is to never allow yourself to get in those situations to cheat. But as Karma would have it I've been cheated on multiple times and being a former cheater I saw the signs but thought i was making something out of an issue that wasn't there. Watch for the signs and go by your gut if you're pretty positive he's cheating just end it.

• Wow thanks for that clear answer i really feel the same way

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a firm believer that people cheat out of boredom. They're too used to what they have, and instead of communicating with their partner about it they choose to let their frustrations out by cheating. Be it emotionally or physically.

Like cabin fever, in a way. They feel cooped up. They're too weak to maintain a healthy, long relationship.