Why do guys do this?

Why would a confident (adbit not very attractive) guy flirt with me all the time, then when he finds out I like him, starts avoiding me and pretends he doesn't care. Then, two years later he finds my younger brother (apparently he doesn't know its my brother) and asks him if he's "associated with (my name) in any way" My brother said no and the guy went on his merry way. A couple months later and he's still avoiding me, pretends I don't exist or stares when he thinks I'm not looking.
What the f**k is up?
He's also said he didn't like me, twice, then talks to my brother.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Who did he say he didn't like you to? Sounds to me like a classic case of teenage shyness. Teenage boys will quite often act exactly opposite of how they feel around a girl that they really like. It's an avoidance mechanism. You clearly cause his heart to flutter. His self-esteem is so low that he doesn't think anyone could possibly like him. If you do like him to the point of wanting a relationship, you're going to have to be the captain and steer this ship.

• Lol OK, I thought it was because he thought I was weird or something for liking him.