Why do men think women like to be treated badly? There are so many guys on this app. who actually have to ask if girls dislike nice guys. Why?

Unless a girl is strange or in an abusive relationship and has no self esteem left, I would venture to go out on a limb and say YES guys... girls really DO like nice guys... Come on now.

17

Most Helpful Guy

• Jerks do much better than nice but anxious guys.

Also a lot of behaviors that are normal are categorized as 'bad' to boys growing up so their 'jerk versus nice' assessments are skewed.

Most women do prefer men who are confident, comfortable with their sexuality and also nice. But we don't actually raise boys to be like that.

And a surprising number of women do seek out abusive behaviors they grew up with but I don't believe that's most.