Are drunken words truly sober thoughts?

An old flame and I have been in some contact after not seeing each other for more than two years. When I told him I would be in his city for the first time in a while, he was eager to take me for dinner, with intentions of apologizing for his past actions.

The same night he made the plans he drunk texted me later saying ____, I love you"

Should I take it into context?

0|0
15

Most Helpful Guy

  • There's usually a nugget of truth in a drunk man's words but typically what is said is an exaggeration of how they really feel about something. So yes probably to a certain degree but don't completely take it overboard.

    0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

  • The word "Love" is thrown all over the place these days... Maybe he "loves" you like he "loves" pizza?

    0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

  • In this case I would take it serious given your prior history with him. On the other side of it, I can say that people who are really intoxicated can say things they really don't mean or believe, and behave like a whole different person.

    0|0
    0|0
  • Are drunk words sober thoughts? In my opinion yes they are.

    0|0
    0|0
  • People use "I love you" pretty generously when drunk, but yeah drunk words are usually pretty honest.

    0|0
    0|0
  • 75% chance he does, 25% chance its no and thinks it was funny or it was just like a friendly I love you

    0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes

Loading...