Are drunken words truly sober thoughts?

An old flame and I have been in some contact after not seeing each other for more than two years. When I told him I would be in his city for the first time in a while, he was eager to take me for dinner, with intentions of apologizing for his past actions.

The same night he made the plans he drunk texted me later saying ____, I love you"

Should I take it into context?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• There's usually a nugget of truth in a drunk man's words but typically what is said is an exaggeration of how they really feel about something. So yes probably to a certain degree but don't completely take it overboard.

Most Helpful Girl

• The word "Love" is thrown all over the place these days... Maybe he "loves" you like he "loves" pizza?