Why do guys/men stare at me at the gym?

I go to the gym, and I've noticed that when I go to the weight lifting section (where most guys are), they tend to stare at me quite a bit.. Today I went with my mom actually and I noticed this group of guys (probably in their mid 20's) and one of them was looking at me several times for at least 3-4 seconds each time.. later I noticed his friend looking at me as well. I'm not super fit and I'm nowhere near having a "perfect" body.. I'm kinda worried that they are "laughing" at me, because I ain't in that good shape yet.. or if I'm doing something wrong.. Or maybe they are just not used to having girls in the weight room? why do you stare at girls in the gym?
Updates:
FYI I obviously don't look like the way I do in my profile pic when I go to the gym :P

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Listen you know why they stare at you. You just want to hear it like every other girl does. Everytime you tell a girl she looks good she asks why? And that's because she wants to hear it so she can feel good about herself. The reason you go to, weight section is for the attention guys give you you wan the stares. I see this at my gym too. Girls always look around watching for whose looking at them. Thankfully I'm tall fit and good looking so women always look at me as well but I never look at them period because I'm too smart for that. That's why they workout close to me because they want my attention even though I don't give I to them. If I stared at them they would probably not seek it the way they do. So, back to your questions. Why do you stare at guys in public? Or at the gym? The answer you give is the answer to your question

0|1
    0|0
    • Sorry for misspellings it was quick

• Show All
    • Because I've heard that excuse many times not buying it. Who cares anyway

Most Helpful Girl

• Same thing used to happen to me. I confronted this guy who was flat-out staring at me and he said that it's because he admires girls who care enough about their physical health to go work out. It's attractive to most men.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• #1: To see whether she is someone that I have seen before. #2: To read and/or examine what is printed on her shirt. #3: If she has some tattoos exposed on her body, then to read and/or examine her tattoos. #4: (Anaerobic, free weights and machines) To see how much weight she is lifting or moving. #5: (Aerobic) If on a treadmill, to see what her speed, incline, heart rate (some wear Polar Heart Monitor chest straps), distance so far, and time so far is. #6: To evaluate her physical features (e. g., if has large kissable lips, that makes her look erotic to me). #7: To examine her jewelry. #8: If no earrings, to see whether her ears are pierced (Ears that are not pierced look erotic to me.). #9: If her arms and or legs are bare, and she is flexing her muscles, then I, having sthenolagnia, find watching her flex her muscles erotic to me (I also like to watch bodybuilding contests.). #10: If she has a feature that looks like a novelty to me, e. g., lots of hair on her legs, then I look at that. If she has some jewelry dangling, then I watch her jewelry dangle. If the Rapture occurs while I am committing adultery or fornication with her per Matthew 5:28, e. g., she has big lips and I commit adultery or fornication with her (depending on whether she is married) by fantasizing kissing her luscious looking big lips, would I be left behind and be set to go to eternal torment in Hell when I die?

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't go to the gym, because I have everything I need to workout at my house. But anyways, even though you might think you don't have a nice or perfect doesn't mean, others think the same. So what the perfect body to me, may be different than your opinion of perfect body entirely.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys like to look at girls! Girls at the gym are usually wearing yoga pants and little tank tops. I don't know what you were doing with the weights, but they tend to put your butt on display a bit.

0|0
    0|0
  • they are 'mirin your gains!
    Take it as a compliment and keep doing your thing in the squat rack

0|0
    0|0
  • Your attracting them, if they make you uncomfortable tell them off politely

0|0
    0|0
  • They are looking cause you are gorgeous, you silly girl. =P

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you silly? They stare out you because you are totally hot and I can tell that you have a great body

0|0
    0|0
  • 1) They are impressed
    2) You are hot
    3) They were looking at something else

0|0
    0|0
  • because your irrestitable , maybe

0|0
    0|0
  • they are checking you out. we do it all the time

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause you're a cutie patootie

0|0
    0|0
  • No idea.

Fillllllllllller

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably because they find you attractive

0|0
    0|0
  • Take it as a compliment

0|0
    0|0
  • haha boys whatch almost every girl in gym, that's how it is haha

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Well for one, you are very pretty. It may also be because they don't see very many beautiful girls lifting weights. Also, some men get turned on watching a girl workout.

0|0
    0|0
  • "That hoe got a tight booty. Let's watch her do push ups."

1|1
    0|0
  • They're young and horny and probably think you are not, and like a girl who lifts weights like they do.

0|0
    0|0
  • They think you're hot.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you already know the answer but just want a confirmation from strangers.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah for all those reasons. Not many girls lift so it's something new to stare at and you're a girl so they find you attractive.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes