Why do guys/men stare at me at the gym?

I go to the gym, and I've noticed that when I go to the weight lifting section (where most guys are), they tend to stare at me quite a bit.. Today I went with my mom actually and I noticed this group of guys (probably in their mid 20's) and one of them was looking at me several times for at least 3-4 seconds each time.. later I noticed his friend looking at me as well. I'm not super fit and I'm nowhere near having a "perfect" body.. I'm kinda worried that they are "laughing" at me, because I ain't in that good shape yet.. or if I'm doing something wrong.. Or maybe they are just not used to having girls in the weight room? why do you stare at girls in the gym?
FYI I obviously don't look like the way I do in my profile pic when I go to the gym :P

716

Most Helpful Guy

• Listen you know why they stare at you. You just want to hear it like every other girl does. Everytime you tell a girl she looks good she asks why? And that's because she wants to hear it so she can feel good about herself. The reason you go to, weight section is for the attention guys give you you wan the stares. I see this at my gym too. Girls always look around watching for whose looking at them. Thankfully I'm tall fit and good looking so women always look at me as well but I never look at them period because I'm too smart for that. That's why they workout close to me because they want my attention even though I don't give I to them. If I stared at them they would probably not seek it the way they do. So, back to your questions. Why do you stare at guys in public? Or at the gym? The answer you give is the answer to your question

• Sorry for misspellings it was quick

• Because I've heard that excuse many times not buying it. Who cares anyway

Most Helpful Girl

• Same thing used to happen to me. I confronted this guy who was flat-out staring at me and he said that it's because he admires girls who care enough about their physical health to go work out. It's attractive to most men.