Are there really guys who NEVER get complimented on their appearance?

Because I see guys getting complimented all the time, even ones that I don't think are attractive. If guys really didn't get complimented often, you'd think they'd appreciate it more when it did happen. The guy I like is short and overweight and probably not what most women would consider super attractive, but I told him he was handsome via texting (in response to him calling me gorgeous) and he didn't say thank you, he just made a joke.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Not sure where you are from, but guys almost never get compliments. Some girls even think I'm good looking for some reason and I've almost never been complimented. I'm guessing that he figured you were just being polite because he complimented you.
    I've noticed that women who are way older compliment but it seems girls around dating age almost never do. I figure it's because girls will often do anything not to show they may like you, especially when they do.
    Many a guy has moved on from a girl just because she doesn't want to show she likes him, and well, loses him.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• from my experience its true. if you're a guy, you almost never get complimented on how you look by other women. The only time you really do is if you are in that maybe upper 20% of guys that girls are very attracted to.

1|1
    0|0
  • Well , first time that I got a compliment I thought she was screwing with me... so.. I dont know , we guys dont get much compliments and we dont really need them...

0|0
    0|0
  • My best friend is (I'm sad to say) pretty ugly. AND he has a hard time talking to girls. So I doubt that he's ever been complimented by anyone outside his family.

I've only been complimented on my eyes/eyelashes and my long hair pretty much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Basically all the compliment (98%) I get bout me appearance is from me mother, though that's a music in me ears I know that's bad sign. Also from a teacher which is nice, rest is non existence.

0|1
    0|0
  • He probably feels the compliment wasn't genuine and only done because of his compliment to you. He might feel it felt "obligatory" on your part to respond.

Honestly before I started going to the gym the only "compliments" I'd ever get were formal ones that weren't anything to do with actual "attractiveness." Wearing a nice shirt or suit is not a "compliment" to me. Telling me I have nice legs or shoulders is though. Or telling me I am "nice" or whatever they feel is a compliment doesn't matter to me. That's why guys say they're never complimented. Guys see girls getting praised all the time especially if they look somewhat decent or more. Even overweight girls can go online and throw up a face-only photo to trick guys into complimenting them when they're hiding 200 lbs underneath.

0|1
    0|0
  • In real life I never get complimented. I occasionally do online.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm basically never complimented. The guy probably just thought you were saying it to be nice and that's it. Probably assumed it wasn't sincere

0|0
    0|0
  • I have only been complimented if I compliment first and they are just being nice but thats it

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not sure if you just happen to see this a lot, but I think the easier question is to find out what guys actually DO complimented lol

You girls are a shy and timid bunch in general, and that leads to them staring at the ground and giving 1-word responses more often than not. But oddly enough, I've learned to take THAT as an odd compliment because I suppose it means she's nervous around me to the point of seeming disinterested.

That, or my whole adult life is a horrible lie hahaha

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes