Are there really guys who NEVER get complimented on their appearance?

Because I see guys getting complimented all the time, even ones that I don't think are attractive. If guys really didn't get complimented often, you'd think they'd appreciate it more when it did happen. The guy I like is short and overweight and probably not what most women would consider super attractive, but I told him he was handsome via texting (in response to him calling me gorgeous) and he didn't say thank you, he just made a joke.

010

Most Helpful Guy

• Not sure where you are from, but guys almost never get compliments. Some girls even think I'm good looking for some reason and I've almost never been complimented. I'm guessing that he figured you were just being polite because he complimented you.
    I've noticed that women who are way older compliment but it seems girls around dating age almost never do. I figure it's because girls will often do anything not to show they may like you, especially when they do.
    Many a guy has moved on from a girl just because she doesn't want to show she likes him, and well, loses him.