Monogamy in marriage, is it in or out?

Do guys need to have monogamy in marriage? What do really think?
Updates:
Men, what are your greatest fears in marriage? Be as honest as possible!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Most guys yes, absolutely! But there are some men and women who just don't want that.

1|1
    0|0
    • As for your update, I have never been married but was close once. My greatest fear was that she would stop loving me, cheat on me, and divorce me. She did the first two, thank GOD I didn't marry that lying, gold digging slut!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Generally speaking, marriage isn't working. The culture is changing and becoming a hookup culture with the rise of single mothers and a high divorce rate. Marriage isn't worth it for a man as he doesn't get anything. He gets half taken away, plus he has to pay alimony and maybe even child support

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't get the question. since most marriages in western culture are monogamous, what is the point?

1|0
    0|0
    • The point is to see opinions of anyone who wants to communicate on the question. Not everyone believes in monigamy. Just saying.

• erm... i didn't understand your question, that's all lolol.

• Sorry about typo. Glad u took time to answer back. Marriage is complicated at times yet worth it. :)

• I never really though of it as an option. Still don't.

0|0
    0|0
    • For clarification, you don't think monogamy is an option

• Show All
    • Great response! Great pic, guy. Always nice to see a face along with the post;)

• Haha thanks. Nothing to be ashamed with this mentality

• Monogamy is more my speed.

2|1
    0|0
  • Yes, absolutely. No "open relationship" for me.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Personally for my husband and I, we are and always will be monogamous. But open relationships, or polygamous relationships can work for some. As long as you're not hurting anyone, then people should do what makes them happy.

0|1
    0|0
  • marriage IS monogamy for life.
    anything outside of that doesn't stay true to marriage.

1|1
    0|0
  • As I can't stand the idea of my guy being with another girl, in please.

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I'm of the belief that only monogamous relationships can truly "work". In polygamous relationships I feel like one person would end up less loved than the other and become a "third wheel". Plus polygamy sounds like just an excuse to cheat most of the time when a guy proposes the idea.

1|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes