What does it mean if he says?

He doesn't want a relationship "right now"? Does that mean he eventually will, or he just doesn't want to be with me?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Most guys just say this when they don't like a person. However; there are cases where people are trying to work on themselves before they get into anothet relationship. Maybe he got out of a bad relationship and is still getting over it, or maybe he has emotional problems that he is working on. Which ever case, just go about life as if you don't even have a chance with him. He may decide to go out with you eventually but keep your options open in case he doesn't.

1|0
    0|0
    • The thing is he flirts with me all the time and we're basically going on a date tomorrow, he just doesn't want a relationship right now.

• Show All
    • He said it, then the follow up text was making sure I still wanted to hangout with him, because he really wants to.

• That means its not a date and he jut wants to be friends atm.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hard to say. Depends on the guy and the precise reasoning behind his lack of desire for a relationship.
    Either way, don’t wait around for him. You’ll probably just end up feeling frustrated and disappointed. I had a guy tell me he didn’t want a relationship once so me being loyal to a fault as I am, I tried the patient, understanding thing and spent about a month or so waiting for him to change his mind. Finally got sick of it, moved on with my life, started modeling again, really submerged myself in personal assistant work, got involved in this dance company concert and in less than a month, he was coming back to me begging for my attention and talking to my friend about how he could win me back lulz

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• It means he does not want to be pressured into a relationship. They either want to take things slow, or don't want to be in a real relationship (typically fwb). I would simply tell him how you feel and see how he responds.

0|0
    0|0
  • He does not want you sorry. . I know, it sucks to hear.. Keep your options open, do not wait for him to come around, if he does let him chase you

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• More than likely it just means he's not looking for a relationship. I wouldn't wait on him if you are. Slim chance he might later. But if he's entering into a non monogamous agreement with you, he's probably not interested in making you his girlfriend down the line.

0|0
    0|0
  • He wants his freedom an do his own thing untill the day he decides he needs someone in it fulltime there is no point an he probably could find u attractive but he wants his own thing more at the moment an want to be able to choose what he does. It has no bad reflection on u an he really isn't rejecting u as a person he just wants soem time to himself men are weird but dont worry rite one will come along this one doesn't want to be tied down not even if ur a beach babe u won't get him tied down

0|0
    0|0
  • If he doesn't want one right now, it may be that he's not in the right place in his life, right now, to give a relationship what it needs to succeed.

0|0
    0|0
  • He doesn't want you, sorry :(.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes