Do you think it's weird for a guy to just want to cuddle at times?

There are times where even I just want to cuddle. Is that weird?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
I was asking this question to get an idea of social standings and views on the male gender role in a relationship. My girlfriend loves my cuddling by the way :) it does seem that gender roles in a relationship have altered drastically and that it is now more socially acceptable for men to show a softer side

1|3

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 63

• That actually shows he's more interested in you than just having sex. It's a miracle if that happens lmao! Sex is good but cuddling is also satisfying when two people really care about each other. It just means he really cares :)

5|1
    0|0
  • I love to big spoon my man while I play with his hair and kiss his shoulders and neck. I adore him and this is one way out of many that I show him!
    He says he doesn't mind being the little spoon, he likes all the attention especially the ones pressed against his back Lolol
    I also love when my man just pulls me onto the couch hugs me tightly and turns on his game. Idc what's on tv as long as I'm in his arms. Cuddling a the best! Sometimes it's too good and leads to sex...

1|0
    0|0
  • MWA HA HA go back to your planet you alien scum!!!

No it isn't weird to be human and want to cuddle with your SO... Unless you are an alien or an android then your a freak :P

It is only natural to want physical contact. It's weird to let gender roles dictate something as natural as touch.

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, if a guy can't show his softer side and be affectionate/cuddly/cute sometimes, he's not the guy for me! My man lifts weights and games and parties with his boys, but also watches Disney movies with me (and loves it!). That's perfect :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope it's not. I actually feel sorry for my boyfriend since when he wants to cuddle it turns into us making out. A man that wants to cuddle only at times is a nice refreshing thing for a girlfriend to have and for the relationship also. Cuddling is a healthy thing for relationships, if the partner never wants to cuddle at all that to me would be a weird thing.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah, that's one thing that bothered me when I was with my ex; we had precious few moments of quiet cuddling, with serious emotional connection and all, but we did a lot of making out, and that felt like shallowly stirring up hormones rather than a deep connection. I would have loved it if we'd just fought off the urge to kiss and just held each other for a while

• Nope. Cuddles are just the best thing. You feel wanted, loved, enveloped by a man's strength and warmth. All those muscles and power wrapped around you so softly. I could rule the earth after a cuddle.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love the moments when I can just cuddle with my boyfriend. It's fun and relaxing and it's amazing. Cuddling can lead to other fun stuff or both of I fall asleep in each other's arms, or u simply just talk. Cuddling is a very good part of a relationship

0|1
    0|0
  • It's normal for guys to want to cuddle, quite often my husband is the one who initiates the cuddling.

1|1
    0|0
    • Do you initiate it equally? or is it usually him

• I initiate it a little more than he does, but that's because I'm always freezing and I want to steal his warmth.

• Gosh no! I love it! It means that he's comfortable and just wants to be with me. I wish my SO could calm his hormones and just want to cuddle lol. You are a keeper

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it's great. If my boyfriend said he just wants to cuddle, I wouldn't find it weird at all. I mean come on, you're with someone you like (or are friends with). Cuddling is just great in general.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope cuddles are the best medicine when your feeling down or stressed. Besides I love cuddling and hugs, so I don't think I would be able to be with someone who wouldn't want to cuddle with me.
    Affection = pure adorableness!

0|0
    0|0
  • Noooooo, I love cuddling and I doubt I could be with someone who doesn't like cuddling too.

0|3
    0|0
  • Skin contact is a basic human need. It was proven using Reese Monkeys. Google it.

1|2
    0|0
    • Babies will actually die without it.

• Show All
    • @Rawrzz That's really smart.

• Nothing like talking about dead babies to show you're smart.

• My guy likes to cuddle on the couch and just stroke my hair while watching TV. Frankly, it is a total turn on.

0|1
    0|0
  • Its lovely for us girls to have cuddles all the time. I personally prefer laying in my husbands arms to making love. Its so relaxing him holding me close stroking my hair & face :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Expect it. If he didn't id break up. I'm more into physical than any other part of the realtionship. Without -a lot- of physical contact Id have no reason to be there.

Lol it's so absurd. Sex touching is ok but any other kind is not acceptable for guys. There's no logic to it.

I get why you're asking, I just think anyone who actually thinks that way needs psychological confu selling. Seriously.

I don't think of then guy differdntly more or lessor a " man", physical contact is a commodity I look for in a realtiosn ship. If its scarce I go elsewhere.

0|1
    0|0
    • Oh and it is ho hot when he ahs the confidence to do it in spite of all the neGative stereotyping.

Also hate teh word cuddling-- so childish. The word alone would probably deter a lot of people. Physical contact has a lot of adult benefits. Cuddling makes it sound like you wnat to temporarily return to the womb. I've never called it cuddling.

• Oh and it's not " weird" physical contact is very important and usually men feel more bonded from that than talking or whatever.

• Love a guy that likes to cuddle, hold hands or just be close.

0|1
    0|0
  • No! I love to cuddle and it's actually nice to know that someone can just be cool and cuddle without expecting anything more.

0|1
    0|0
  • hahaha of course nottt!!! Everyone wants a cuddle with their boyfriend

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think that's weird at all. I would love that and think it's really sweet. 🙊

1|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 40

• Come on, ladies. Let's cuddle...

img.joke.co.uk/.../67098.jpg

2|5
    2|2
    • Excuse me while I scrub my brain with steel wool to try to erase this memory

• Nope. I met a new girl and we got late on our second or third date and she asked if I would like to "crash" at her place instead of driving an hour home. I did and we slept together, me in "skivvies" and her in her night shirt. We cuddled as we slept. I think it got things going on the right path, Very relaxing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would love to cuddle at times. But having been denied sex for two years, I find it difficult to get that close without getting very very frustrated. If we had a sex life I would certainly cuddle and I think that's normal. But without a sex life it kind of cancels out all other forms of physical affection.

2|0
    3|1
  • nope. I don't have the highest sex drive. I am not a young guy so I can't have sex 3+ times a day like when I was young (7 was my record when I was 20).
    but it is really nice to hold my woman in my arms. she is so nice and soft. I am very happy...

0|0
    0|0
  • I voted yes for lulz. Depends how you mean, I like cuddling up with a girl obviously, but wouldn't prefer it to sex.

I wouldn't say girls like a softer side. Playing it distant works best, not all jumping into things and heart on your sleeve.

0|1
    1|1
  • No. Because I'm away a lot, when I go home it's sometimes pretty full on in the bedroom. But we've been together so long we kind of just know how to read each others mood whether sex is on the cards. And when it's not, it's cool.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a guy and I love cuddles, lol. :) Any time, anywhere.

3|1
    0|0
  • What are you talking about dude? We're men, surely all we ever want is to rape and beat our women, right? We don't actually have human needs, do we?

1|2
    0|0
  • Lemme tell you, just having a girl there close to and just playing with your hair feels great

3|2
    0|0
  • Fuck no, it's not weird. Cuddling is awesome. I'm a total cuddle slut. :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope I love to as well its the special connection with the person that you love also its calming. I also have been cuddling with my dog since he was a puppy and he is 10

0|0
    0|0
  • When its cold I spend loads of time cuddled up with my girl and watching her sleep since my girl falls asleep very easy oh wait ! It doesn't have to be cold. l lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I think the poll has given you an emphatic answer? I live in the Philippines, it is quite conservative when it comes to a "Public Show of Affection", but a hug or cuddle is acceptable, as distinct from sticking half a yard of tongue down her throat, which is not. Daytime temperatures are usually in the mid 30's C. A cuddle is good, anything requiring more energy than that (I am sure you know what I mean) can wait until late evening, or early morning. Cuddles are fine, my partner and I would not be complete without them.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm pretty sure cuddling has been acceptable for quite a long time.

I know some 'christians' who will not have sex, they just cuddle instead.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like the poll results here.
    327 People said no...

.. And 18 said yes.

Take what you will out of that, But I'm gonna say that it's NOT weird.

0|1
    0|0
  • No? Men actually have feelings aswell you know. I know what a shocker!

0|2
    0|0
  • judging from what i read here, many guys like to just cuddle basically

1|1
    0|0
  • Dude, I love cuddling! Ain't nothing weird about it! :-)

1|1
    0|0
  • No, sometimes it's good just to hold each other and chat without getting sexual

0|1
    0|0
  • No, people have made a profession on these desires. Professional coddlers; they exist.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes