Was he being too rough on purpose?

By bf and I were playing around, play fighting like we always do. He was being extremely rough, I asked him to stop and when I tried walking away, he yanked my arm so hard he dislocated my shoulder. That caused a huge mess and I had to make a trip to the ER. He has been more aggressive toward me lately, physically and verbally. Not saying he's ever hit me or anything. And I don't think he would do something like that on purpose but I guess I have some hesitancy in the back of my mind about it. So guys, when you are play fighting with your girl, have you ever taken it too far? I know people accidentally get hurt, but do you kinda know your limits and what she can/ can't handle. Do you ever hold back when rough housing because you know you could actually hurt her? Weird question, I know. Just curious.

30

Most Helpful Girl

• My husband and I play fight, on rare occasions he has accidentally hurt me. If he thinks I'm in any pain he stops. If I say stop or "ow", he automatically stood and asks if I'm okay. Once or twice he's made me cry a little, he stopped and hugged me and apologized like crazy and covered me in kisses.

You need to tell him that when you say stop that he needs to take you seriosuly and stop because when he doesn't stop it scares you.