I quit playing video games all together because they teach me nothing and its just a waste of time. ?

i have been playing them since i was 11 even younger

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• So? Your point is?

If you enjoy something why don't you do it as a hobby. Just going for a walk because you enjoy it can also be called a waste of time or drawing, painting, shooting targets, reading, watching tv etc.

If you enjoy doing something as a hobby it's not a waste of time.

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• there is such thing as moderation, but it's your life. If gaming doesn't bring you satisfaction, then yeah-- there's no point to it. I've been playing since I was 5. I won't stop any time soon. It's changed. I now play a lot of skylanders with the kids and stuff like Mario Kart with my wife. Back when COD4 came out, that was the kind of stuff I played. Games are a hobby, like any other. It's no more a waste of time than any other leisure activity, but if you feel it's a waste of time, then yeah, you probably shouldn't spend your time with them.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

What Guys Said 6

• So I'm guessing you also stop watching movies, TV shows, and sports, because they also don't teach you anything.
    The purpose of most video games is to entertain, but at the same time there are some that can teach you stuff.

1|0
    0|0
  • Good idea... if you want to learn something grab a language cd set or take a course online... better time spent!

0|0
    0|0
  • I see no question asked. The point of this post was?

0|0
    0|0
  • video games are meant to be fun. end off

0|0
    0|0
  • You do realize all entertainment and art in general could be considered a 'waste of time' right? If we're going to get technical and "wasting" time refers to time that isn't used for survival or something else practical.

The bottom line is that I completely disagree. You don't need to be productive 24/7 to be using your time wisely. Sometimes our minds are temperamental and need to unwind. The bottom line is that it seems someone told you their opinion and you have confused that for fact. The problem is... it isn't. It's ONLY an opinion and nothing more.

I personally think you should find what makes YOU happy and not listen to the haters.

0|0
    0|0
  • Great, I'm at a loss for words at how happy I am for you and glad that you decided to share this with us...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes