Once a jerk, always a jerk?

If a guy didn't care about you before, and walked away when you were hurt instead of seeing if you were okay, if he's trying to be kind now should you trust him?

Or is he being nice only because he has nothing to lose
Why even bother being apologetic when we are no longer friends?

99

Most Helpful Guy

• I think if you're a jerk in your adult years you probably won't change. It's one thing for a guy to be a jerk when he's in his teens and early 20's since he still can be experiencing heightened aggression from puberty and is still gaining maturity but if a guys a jerk in his later 20's I'd say that's just who he is and who he will always be.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know. MY boyfriend is amazing most of the time. Then he can be absolutely awful to me. Cancell on me. Be rude and moody at me for no reason.
    Never accepts responsiblity for when he has upset me, sometimes says sorry ages after. Sometimes now.

Then he is great again. I forgive and forget. I try to talk it through with out getting mad or accusing of him.

Maybe if you don't tollerate someone not caring if your hurting or they hurt you, and forgive them they will always be a jerk.

Maybe that's just who they are.

Fuck knows. But in all honesty, if you are not too deep with this person perhaps things arn;t worth working on. So many people wouldn't dream of being that way.

If you are in a relationship and it's that far and you want him, good luck. And I hope he starts treating you with a bit more respect.