Why do guys not want to be friends with a girl if he thinks/knows it won't lead to more?

Like what's the deal? I see so many guys on here asking if they should "waste their time" being friends with a girl who's not interested romantically or has a boyfriend already. Like really, can they not just be friends without wanting it to turn into more?

This situation doesn't apply to me, was just wondering about any possible reasons behind it happening.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• This usually occur when the guy goes into the friendship hoping for it to one day escalate into a relationship. However when the girl tells him that she doesn't want a relationship with HIM, then the guy's entire reason for befriending her in the first place becomes moot and he see no reason to continue.

Another reason he wouldn't stay friends is because it's much harder to get over someone emotionally when you continue to be friends with them. Remaining friends with someone who you like but they don't like you back is torture, especially when that someone eventually finds a BF/GF and you're forced to stand on the sideline and witness it all go down.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• Its probably based in the idea that the sexual tension may make a friendship unbearable. Basically why tempt yourself for something you're never gonna have. Easier just to get rid of the temptation all together.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it generally doesn't happen, I am friends with many girls I find attractive. It has to be one of those rare cases when I have a huge crush on her and zero compatibility with that person so I rather avoid her to prevent awkwardness.

0|0
    0|0
  • It may be a question of volume. If I tried to keep up with *every* lady who "friend zoned" me, I'd have no time of my own! :-)

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not like that. I remained friends with most of the girls who friendshipzoned me.

0|0
    0|0
  • No they can't be friends. Simple as that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would be friends with a girl, but I like guys so Im not like many guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • Although I have girls that are just friends with a guy its always going to be partly about sex and you want to be everything that a relationship is truly being with him its kind of emotionally bad for a guy because he has to see you and he likes you but you dont like him back so its like facing rejection over and over again while he is growing to like you even more and hiding his true feelings i was friendzoned with a girl i liked and it was some of the worste pain i ever felt also guys sort of make better friends than girls guys are more relaxing and you have more shared interest.

0|0
    0|0
  • Biological imperative.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't find standard female friends very useful. Male friends are more fun to be with and talk to. Unless she's a girlfriend or friends with benefits she just isn't THAT important to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some girls you wanna fuck but don't wanna hang out with, that's just the way it is.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes