Why does he think it's so bad I couldn't survive on my own?

My boyfriend and I were watching the blue lagoon (all three movies) the other night.
And after we were doing it, he said that I could wouldn't survive a week on that island without him. And he's probably I wouldn't. I wouldn't know how to build a house, how to hunt or fish and I wouldn't know what fruits to eat.
And he makes it sound as if all of that was terrible and I don't get why?
I've never had to do those things and probably never will. It's just a movie. I'm fine in the life I'm living

And then he said it's ok because he could take care of the both of us and kept bragging about how he'd be super prepared and would know to do everything and could fight a panther

14

Most Helpful Guy

• There wouldn't be any panthers on a deserted island.

• well in the last movie he kills a panther. But that's my point, it's a movie

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like he enjoys knowing that he can take care of you.