Does depression make you look at someone different/ is depression off putting?

Okay, so i feel like guys look at me different once they find out i have clinical depression.(they can't really tell unless they are told because i have gotten VERY good at hiding my depression) I don't think that they realize that once they find out I'm not going to change, i still act the same.
Is depression off puting?
  • yes
  • no

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Is having depression off putting? - Interesting way of phrasing it - Could quite easily be phrased as would a person's ability to understand my mental health issues affect my relationship with them - I have had depression and know what a deeply personal battle it is but I also feel that it is a huge part of me to the extent that if anyone offered to take away some of the things that would make me prone to bipolar I would say "No way". A non depressed person would not understand that so the problem is not mental health issues but the understanding of it. In short is your depression a factor in meeting someone yes but in the same way as your look, personality, the chemistry between you. Your depression is part of you - You wouldn't say if the boy doesn"t like my right leg I would change it. Love and accept yourself and expect the same courtesy from others.