Was he flirting with me?

So I was with my mom and pointed to something and cutely said, 'look mom, it's got the poster coming up.'

And the two guys behind me were like, 'Yes, we see it, there are posters up," while laughing.

I've had tonnes of examples like this with guys trying to initiate conversation with me out of nowhere. Or if I'm clikcing a picture of a selfie, they'll make some funny face in the background and then laugh when I'm scrolling through my photos.

Why do guys flirt like this, do they think the girl is cute? Or are they jsut having fun thinking nothing of it?

Why do it in front of my mom? -_-
Once I was sitting in the mall and my friend was like, 'I think x person only likes girls,' and this guy was like, that's funny, I only like girls too. Then he went on to ask where I was from, and said, "I love you," in another language.

I politely got up and left, but at the very least sensing I was uncomfortable he stopped

11