When guy is interested, he will approach you. Want to prove me wrong?

Does any guy or girl want to change my opinion about the following: if a guy is actually interested in you, he will approach you!

I have had this opinion for a long time, because I have liked guys, who I though liked me back, but after a while I found out they were not interested in me. I was just creating illusions that he liked me and had a wishful-thinking that he is afraid to approach me or something.

I see here a lot of guys responding to girls something like "maybe he is just shy", "don't know how to start a conversation" or "he is afraid of rejection".
But let's be honest here, a guy who can actually talk to people and has friends, is able to approach a girl he likes, even when he is shy.

I truly believe that when guy likes a girl, he will go after her. At least he looks at her often and tries to talk to her.

Anyone has objections? Feel free to share them and explain.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• "At least he looks at her often and tries to talk to her. " <--- he TRIES at least if he's interested.

but if he's shy then he'll kinda chicken out in my opinion

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• All guys are different. I have liked guys and not done anything about it, so why is it different just because I'm a girl? Also a lot of guys have come forward themselves and said they are too afraid or whatever, many reasons, so are you really going to ignore actual real men telling you you're wrong, and instead stick by your belief when in fact you don't know what's going on inside every mans head?

0|0
    0|0
    • Well it kind of is different when you are a girl, because even though there is equality between men and women, I believe that we girls still expect guys to approach us first and show that they actually are interested. I believe that when guy is crazy about a girl, he goes after her. I have seen it many times happen.
      Well this topic is created, so in case I am wrong, then I want guys to explain me why am I wrong. I want to understand why wouldn't they approach a girl they like. When a guy has friends, it means he is able to start a conversation. So if he is interested, why wouldn't he?

• Just because you've seen it many times doesn't mean every single guy will do it :) Some guys just are not able to go up to a random girl, or it will take a lot of time for him to pluck up the courage to, and by the time they have the courage things might have changed that might prevent them from doing it. Even if he does "try" by talking to her, having a conversation =/= making a move.

• But I mean, the argument "everyone is different" has a lot of weight here. You can't predict what every guy will do. Maybe most guys would do it, but you can't speak for everyone.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• i agree with you. "One does what one wants to do..." So if you are interested in a girl, you will find a way to approach her.

1|0
    0|1
  • Depends on what you mean by "approach". Will he at least make an exceedingly lame effort to talk to you? (e. g. drop a pen in your direction), yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • i approached a women once in my life (took me2-3 years)... and i liked many so basically, i disagree and am the living proof for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is true for the most part. But the girl i have a crush on rn, i haven't appraoched yet because she isn't in any of my classes, and i think it would be a bit inappropriate/wierd/obvious if i approached her...

0|0
    0|0
  • You right but it may change from person to person

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I think not all guys will go for it and talk to a girl that they are interested in. It depends from person to person. I think there are much more shy or insecure guys that don't know how to start a talk to a girl and so they just try to find another way to approach to her.

1|0
    0|0
  • I agree that this is true most of the time. However I found out recently a coworker likes me, but he won't go for me because he doesn't think I'm interested. He's right. I'm not interested at all.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes