Normal husband behavior or verbally abusive?

My husband tells me I'm stupid, dumb, fat, and a whore when he's mad at me. I'm definitely not a whore. He accuses me and my boss of having a relationship. It's strictly professional. Are these normal things for a man to tell his wife while fighting?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• He has a bad temper to be sure. Some people lash out strongly when they are mad in order to hurt the other person or keep from getting hurt. Tell him you know he gets mad sometimes but his extreme anger leaves you hurting for much longer than the fight. If this is a new thing try asking him if there is something else he is really upset about (it is usually the case with new behavior), and no matter what he tells you try not to overreact, otherwise he won't want to tell you things in the future.

1|0
    0|0
    • This is excellent advice. No, unfortunately this is not new behavior. Thank you so much for your perspective.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• The intentions of a fight is to hurt the other as much as you can until you win. He may have been emotional about the fight, but there are always some truth in how he feels. He suspects that you and him are having something.

0|0
    0|0
  • WoW this sounds like my parents fighting! Definitely NOT normal.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• hell nope!! sorry to tell you this but your husband is an abusive jerk who has no respect for you!!! stay away from him

1|0
    0|1
  • No, that's far from normal. He's verbally abusive.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not normal at all

1|0
    0|0
  • get out of there, my parent's were like you and him seem to be and my mom's self confidence is at 1 out of 10 since the divorce.
    you deserve much better.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes