Is it obvious that he is not interested?

We've been having eye-contact since November but he've never talked to each other even if we had many chances.
Yesterday night I was hanging out with a frined of mine at a bar and he came at the same bar with his friends. I couldn't look at him because there were other people in front of him.
My friend told me that when I went to the WC he was looking at my ass.
After that we went to a street party and about an hour later he came with his friends, too. He sat down and was talking with his friends. So, me and my friend sat down next to them. Later, he got up and was standing and talking with his friends again. But when he sat back down, he sat closer to me than we did before. Our elbows were touching at times. A couple of minutes later, a dog came to me and I was caressing it. So did he. We were caressing the same dog, at the same time. And he was looking at me and smiling. And he stopped and i kept stroking the dog, he kept looking at me.
Also, he checked about two times his cell phone which I thought it was a sign of embaressement because I did the same. At some time, my friend left me alone next to him, but again he didn't say a word even if it was a great chance.
So, I got up and left. When I left he was looking at me.
I don't know what to assume... I know, it's almost obvious that he is not interested but there are all these signs I can't ignore.
And then I think again:If he was interested wouldn't he talk to me? No matter how shy he is!

02